Naish 2003. 5-2 TT,????

Forum for kitesurfers
macca
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby macca » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:25 pm

Thinking of buying one, has anyone got experience with these boards, construction, performanve.

Love to here your veiws as cant try it first, weigh 85kg, sail in choppy lumpy stuff. Had a 140 TT, looking for a better wave chop board.

Cheers for your help guys.

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:42 pm

Macca, 5'2" Flash was the consensus favorite twin(among the Naish) when we tested them last fall. Looser than 4'6" or 4'9" and easily the smoothest. It's slightly heavy but seems durable. I'm 84kg and would ride it from sz 10 to 18. (12-16 ideal). Good Luck

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:47 pm

you can cut ou the 'slightly'.
it is heavy :wink:

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:54 pm

Easy there Murdoc, wasn't trying to start a weight debate. Besides the board rides well and for most people that is the most important thing. With much respect, S

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:59 pm

i'm easy here :wink:

i didn't say anything about the performance of the board, only about the weight.

and as a matter of fact, it is much heavier than most other boards in this size.

i didn't ride it yet, so i can't judge the performance. . .

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:57 pm

Murdoc definately has a point about the weight. I have a 2003 Mutant 5'4" which I think is a great board. It is heavy at 5kgs with straps and fins, and also feels heavy, but at the same time seems very durable. The weight doesn't seems to affect the lightwind performance, and I really love the board, but it would be even better if it was even 1kg lighter, but then maybe one wouldn't have the same durability.

It is interesting to note that Mark Shinn uses production mutants and he says his 5'2" weighs in at 3.5 kgs all in. This seems a bit light for a standard production Naish board, so maybe they make them a little ligher but slightly more fragile for his competition use?
Chris

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:08 pm

Naish does not have good construction. It would be one thing if the boards were heavy and indestructable, bur they are not strong.

macca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby macca » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:48 pm

Thanks for input guys, did a bit of research and there wasent a lot of possitive feed back on the New naish TTs. Have opted for a cheap 2nd hand mutant, have thought about one for a while, so have got to stick with it and make it work. Just like starting out again :grin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”