Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:02 am

what is it like in other parts of the world?
in Germany you hear everywhere you go and talk about kitesurfing, that people want to start or try it this year. IMO we will have so many newbees this year. The questiois: can we handle all? the kitebeaches, the schools, the producers?
We will see. But how about your countries? Do you have the same experiences?

Cheers
Toby

Craig
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Craig » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:47 am

Hi Toby,

I'm in the Boston area, and the sport is definately getting more and more popular. There is one particular beach that just about everyone goes to, apparently it can get quite crowded.
I don't go to that beach, I have my own "secret spot" I go to. Maybe only 1-2 other kiters would be out on any given day. But I imagine all of the windsurfers sitting on the beach were getting pretty motivated to give it a try as they watched me planing, while they were sitting...
Maybe it'll get more crowded this year. That's OK, as long as people think about safety first, and don't get careless and accidentally hurt someone. That's my only concern.
The ocean is big enough for all of us, it's the beaches that have the space limitations.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:53 am

you are absolutely right.
As long as you don't go out on your own, the most spots are ok.
How good you may ever be, but if e.g. your depower breaks it ain't fun knowing your alone out there. Or if you get hit by your board.
So I always make sure to go out with other people around or at least someone watching me from the beach.

Have fun! :wink:

Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”