Give a shout out to ya' favorite board

Forum for kitesurfers
hwenn
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby hwenn » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:39 am

I'm having trouble with my 171 picklefork, mostly with getting upwind quickly. On my Wipika 2001 16.4 I can't get upwind at all.

I'm an intermediate kiter, doing loops 360, wondering what your favorite board is and maybe a suggestion for me.

So give a shout out

Peace

Henrik

hwenn
Medium Poster

Postby hwenn » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:18 am

I've been looking at naish flash pro, slingshot jarvis and NRG boards that Will James rides. Maybe this will help

Good winds to all who reply

Henrik

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:20 pm

Amongst others, Cabrinha 4'10" surface to air works good for me.
Regards
Nico

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:36 pm

I'd stay away from the new Naish boards they break!
The NRG board are very sweet if you like mutant style. Small twins SlingShot Jarvis/etc., large twins Wipika switch 175/186

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:38 pm

I'd recommend the WT147 (Underground Wave Tray 147) for an average-weight rider.

These new generation boards are made in NZ and can be ridden with straps (or wake inserts). They are thin wake/tray-like boards with the tips 'uplifted' which make them more forgiving and excellent performers in waves!! Their scoop allows fast planning and good upwind ability. They have just the right amount of flex with gives them also good pop.

Ever since I got my WT from Adrian (shaper), I became a WT 'enthusiast' and decided to become his dealer in my country as well. If you think that I maybe biased (perhaps I am!) see what other will tell you about the wave trays. The PRO's are definitely liking them these days in Cabarete (special thanks to Dwight for noticing this!) :

"http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/ac ... e/103.html"

Shelden Plentovich (2nd place)

"http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/ac ... e/130.html"

Cindy Mosey (1st place)

"http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/ac ... ce/54.html"

Martin Vari (3rd place)

Give me a shout if you have trouble locating one.

Regards,
Mike (UG dealer in Cyprus).
email: mike.flysurfer@gmx.co.uk

jamisdiablo
Rare Poster

Postby jamisdiablo » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:41 pm

Litewave boards rock too for going upwind and edging hard! Not too sure about their "pop" for jumps but they are certainly buttery smooth riding, very easy to ride and control, hence, go upwind!

:smile:

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:52 pm

Well,
The board i have used, and have liked the most up to now, is the loose TT 180( http://www.loose.it ). I am going to order the AX 160 and the EX 138, I am sure I am going to love them. The TT 180 rides so smooth, and is extremely well constructed with a lot of thought put into accesories, details etc. It has a really sharp rail so it can take a lot of wind and edge really hard. You can see some pics here, in the loose TT 180 folder, feel free to look at the other folders:

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurfmexico/lst

Here is the direct link:

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ki ... %26.view=t

I was with a cabrinha pro rider in March, and he told me he loves the prankster and spoiler, but that he tried the slingshot jarvis board, and that it was the best board he had ever ridden. So, you should try one of those out too. I have heard no negative comments about the loose boards, you may think I am biased, I sell loose boards in Mexico, but it is my honest opinion. I have heard only great things about the wavetrays from underground as well.
If you need any more info, ask,
Hope this helps,
Andres

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:14 pm

Definately stay away from Naish, great boards, except they do break and Naish are difficult and slow to deal with if you do have a problem (which is a shame as the mutants are great at going up wind)
Ghost boards (custom) made on Angelsey, N. Wales are well worth looking at!!!
I got mine through Funsport Rhosneigr.

PMad
Medium Poster

Postby PMad » Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:13 am

Went through the same dilmena a couple months ago.... I decided for Fone's new TT boards : great quality, generally recognized as a top board. (several sizes, 140->175). If you have a chance to, make sure to try these boards!

I got a tt170 (last year model) and just love it!
Cheers,
j.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:09 am

Monster kites require fast powerful boards to go upwind. That is your problem with the 16.4 Air Blast.

I like the Underground 148 SB or 157 WT for monster kites. Both of these boards will help a big kite get upwind.

Dwight

Return to “Kitesurfing”