Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Heel Bungees

Forum for kitesurfers
phree
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:46 pm

Anyone tried these? I heard some people have added them to their footstraps but I wonder how they do. Could these be an alternative to board leashes for intermedidate/advanced riders?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:54 pm

Due to the fact that you get out of these quiet easy compared to bindings, it may happen that your knee will be twisted when one foot is still in the strap.
But it gives you a better grip and you won't loose them as easy as normal straps.
Just try it yourself, best way to find out! :wink:

Greetings
Toby

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:23 am

Untrue I have that setup. Go to your hardware store and get latex tubing and tie them on it works great!!

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:09 pm

i've ridden a wakeboard once with these.
no problem in my opinion - keeps you a bit tighter to the board, but you'll loose it when you do wipeouts or fall at mid-speed.

iv'e not been afraid of getting the knee twisted - if you loose one foot, the other one is pulled out, too - without problems....

(in my case, the straps weren't that good - old ones of an old beginner-wakeboard)

ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ptraykovski » Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:41 pm

I just set up some NSI anti bindings (basciaaly a footpad with some plates to mount on a 8" wakeboard hole pattern and then holes 6.5" apart for foostraps) with some wide koch footstraps and some bungies. Is is a nice setup for use with booties in cold water. I normally use sandals but those didn't work well with booties.

Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Freerider » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:31 pm

I've been using heel bungees on my Brunotti tt and they work great for keeping the board on your feet especially in waves, but i have had a twisted knee a few times, only in waves.

Return to “Kitesurfing”