Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

New governing body for Kite Sports: IFKO

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 pm

It looks like that the IFKO wants to position themselves above all existing structures in our sport.

They claim, that every sport has an IF (International Sports Federation). And that ISAF and its IKA are not an IF.

So, it will be an interesting showdown now between IKA and IFKO. Or not?

IF DEFINITION

The International Sports Federations (IFs) are responsible for the integrity of their sport on the international level.

The International Sports Federations are international non-governmental organisations recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as administering one or more sports at world level.

The national federations administering those sports are affiliated to them.
While conserving their independence and autonomy in the administration of their sports, International Sports Federations seeking IOC recognition must ensure that their statutes, practice and activities conform with the Olympic Charter.

IFKO MISSION

The IFs have the responsibility and duty to manage and to monitor the everyday running of the world's various sports disciplines, including for those on the programme, the practical organisation of events during the Games.

The IFs must also supervise the development of athletes practising these sports at every level.
Each IF governs its sport at world level and ensures its promotion and development. They monitor the everyday administration of their sports and guarantee the regular organisation of competitions as well as respect for the rules of fair play.

http://www.ifkitesports.org/

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New governing body for Kite Sports: IFKO

Postby alamos_kiter » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 pm

You've got to be kidding. Another bunch of clowns claiming to be "governing" kiting, thriving to suck from the honey pot. Jeezus. How stupid can it get.

Still not even a working tour around, no money, no media, but the next bunch of geniuses queueing up for the self proclaimed top job of "governing" this which does not exist.

IFKO sounds like "I fook y'all" to me :D

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KYLakeKiter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:19 am

Yep. I'm with you Alamos. Where do these self ordained powers come from?

We should just change it to the IKFO. I Kite F*ck Off.

or maybe...we should respect their authoritiah! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:38 am

Lol every group of kiters thinks they have a say/stake. Add a lawyer and bam you've got a federation claiming authority.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:15 am

I looked at the site and the Facebook page. I do not understand some of what they wrote.

What's "pilot kite"? They say they registered that as a sport? I dunno, sounds strange to me :) I've never heard this one before.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:15 am

A "pilot kite" is a single line kite, which is used to raise up and stabilize show kites, and smaller wind toys, called "line laundry", on kite shows. The little white, red and lila square kites in the pic are the pilot kite for the bigger ones :D
Big-giant-kite-display.jpg

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:48 am

IFKO = I Fucken Kite Often

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:31 pm

IKA issued a formal warning from their Facebook yesterday saying any competitors who attend an IFKO event will be banned from IKA competition in foil, wave, freestyle, and big air.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 pm

STATEMENT REGARDING PARTICIPATION IN IFKO CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS

Participation in IFKO events likely to prevent the ability of riders to participate in any IKA events, including the IKA World Championships in Freestyle, Big Air, Wave, and Foil Racing.

The International Kiteboarding Association (IKA) has been informed by the CEO of World Sailing (WS, formerly ISAF), that WS has requested IFKO ("International Federation of Kitesports Organisations") to immediately remove and furthermore cease to publish or promote any information which makes a claim in terms of its relationship with the IOC and its plans for the sport of Kiteboarding.

World Sailing has ascertained that IFKO is not currently a member of SportAccord and therefore has no formal recognition. A prerequisite of membership of this body is that the applicants sport is different from any sport that is governed by a current SportAccord member. World Sailing is a current SportAccord member, it is therefore unlikely that IFKO will be granted membership and World Sailing is currently waiting for confirmation of this by SportAccord.

World Sailing has also instructed IFKO that World Sailing's approval is required for any event that is described as a 'World Championship' or 'World Cup' or indeed uses the word "World" in the title of the event and this approval extends to all Kiteboarding events using World Sailing rules and regulations.

Such events that are run in contravention of World Sailing rules and regulations will be listed as prohibited events that can seriously affect the eligibility of riders to compete in other World Sailing events requiring World Sailing Eligibility, namely World and Continental Championships of all IKA classes (including the IKA Kiteboarding World Championships in Freestyle, Big Air and Wave, the IKA KiteFoil GoldCup and the IKA Racing World Championships), the Sailing World Cup, the Youth Olympic Games, and the Olympic Games.

We regret that IFKO does not comply with world wide recognized principles for the recognition of International Federations. It is IKA's responsibility to make all riders aware of the risk they will take when participating in IFKO events, namely not being able to compete in IKA sanctioned events of all disciplines, and World Sailings events. The same extends to event officials, be it race directors, jury and judges.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:46 pm

:angryfire: :angryfire: :roll: :roll: :nono: :nono:

Return to “Kitesurfing”