Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

FS Warrior 16.5 ??????

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:39 am

Pump me up, you are just copy and pasting your previous posts, please keep relevance to macca's questions... :(
A quality 2003 inflatable like the rhino2 or Airush Lift are better than rams in terms of stability and relaunch (see topics: Why no pros in the top 50 use ram airs).
This just doesn't cut it with all my real-life experience, the WA 16.5 is one of the most stable kites in the air, as I said earlier it hasn't luffed on me once, you obviously haven't got any experience with the 16.5 or else you wouldn;t have posted this claim.

O and for relaunch, I have to see the first LEI relaunch below 10 knots of wind, if you can get that on video I would be pleased, I can relaunch the 16.5 with 6+ knots of wind after 5 min. on the water no problem at all!
You will find a lot of cheap 2nd hand ram airs (like the Flysurfer) on the market because of lot of ram users have realised that inflats are better, not just in aerodynamic terms, but also in terms of ease of setup, packup, maintenance, etc.
Please tell me where.... there are some for sale but nothing cheap though, I am still looking for a cheap WA 7 but it's hard to find, everybody I have contacted on the kites really enjoys them.
Aerodynamics....we have been through that and you still claim this point.
Ease of setup....Nothing comes close to a foil, spread it out, walk your lines out and launch, 2 min. can it get any faster then this.?
Packup....Walk in the lines, fold the kite in 2, put in the bar and roll up, 1 min. can it get any faster then this.
Maintenance....Okay you have to dry the kites once in a while, but nothing worrying.

Edward

gaffer
Frequent Poster

Postby gaffer » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:56 am

steady 8knots is what I need on a 142 wavetray carrying 14 stone.

the above is for flatwater, if its onshore wind with a bit of surf then I need about 10knots to be able to get past the whitewater.

ccat
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ccat » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:01 am

Warrier 16,5?
Why not?

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:33 am

Eppo wrote:
"Had a fly of a 15.5 Airush lift today in 12 or so knots, mate that baby cranks, so easy to use, so easy to jump compared to my Flysurfer, and the landings so soft. Opened my eyes, I love my Warrior kites but you need to be on your game with these things, this Airush just flew itself, anyone else own or tried one - 2003 model???"

Hey Eppmeister,

Have you bought an Airush?

Is this one of the reasons you're ditching the Flysurfer?

Just wondering...

taabsr
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: North orbit

Postby taabsr » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:00 am

did he try the psycho. warrior is a 2002 kite psycho and the titan are the 2003. compare similar things. or do you want to compare with speed air or something like that???

Grow up!.

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2

Postby Carlos_C » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:25 am

I found on this site that they are selling a warrior 20 m2

http://www.bilboquet.com/content/12/2/631.html

Is this true as flysurfer web site does not mention this ?

I couldn't imagine flying such a beast.
Andy

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:29 am

No, the 20 was cancelled some time ago...

eppo
Medium Poster

To Pump me up

Postby eppo » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:20 pm

No mate I'm selling / sold my warrior 9.3m because the winds have dropped and I'm getting ready for the Titan. The airush was great, (having a crack at the Lift pro tomorrow). Selling the 16.5m because I am just too damn light for the thing, will buy a 12.5m titan if they fly as promised. And I will probably get the Airush pro 2003 15.5m in the meantime because I appreciate all kites for what they have to offer and i like to know what I am talking about from empirical experience, not gobblyde gook, so called scientific crap, that gets bantered around. Know anyone selling an Airush 2003?

I however might wack a WAC system on the 16.5m first and see how it goes.

Keep an Open mind Pump Me Up.

Cheers

eppo

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:37 pm

Eppo wrote:

"Do you think the titan will reduce the 'truck' feel of the 12.5m and the 16.5m - I own a 16.5m as well and it pulls like a truck and jumps like a pig (well if you edge well you can jump but not very forgiving at all). Will the WAC system / profile reduce this??"

ie: Because of inherent aerodynamic inefficiencies in large ram airs (low L/D ratio), the FS 16.5 "pulls like a truck and jumps like a pig."

ie: Don't buy the FS 16.5, it's a jumping pig.

Do yourself a favour and get a quality 2003 inflatable.

zfennell
Very Frequent Poster

Postby zfennell » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:44 pm

We all look forward to the opinions of Eppo or anyone else for that matter.
Why does "Pump me Up" t feel compelled to tell us what Eppo thinks?

Return to “Kitesurfing”