Wipika Airblast bridle's new ? 2/17/03

Forum for kitesurfers
SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:14 pm

KiteGlider wrote:Duh!, where'd I get 8.4 from? Sorry. There's a couple 11.8s I can easily check. Try Fo's methode then compare my specs as backup.

Also, Harken pulleys are a popular sub for the stock ones.
KG

***** OK thanks friends... Was up snowkiting over weekend and got real lucky :D ... A friend had a 2001 full bridle brand new!!! So hooked it up... Well wind was not w/ us however...!

** However could not get the reverse launch to work :( !!!! So new question? I imagine they are a diffrent year to year! My problen w/ leading edge down.. Id pull my out side lines all the way to the end of the leader lines before the kite would even begin to reacted.. This is too dangereous.. I wont to keep my fingers as they are... I trouble shooted and came to the conclusion the line to the trailing egde were too long.. I tied a couple nots and double the line back and but then effect my luanch capabilty.... And when I did this the kite lost its shape moreless... It got real flat " not is U shape its suposed to have"

So any quick fixes there..? Or can give me the sugested length of the line that attaches to the trailing strut?

And I will take everbodys advice on a stronger bridle.. but for now I can get this to work and make a easy copy down the road..!

Thanks KITE HIGH
Steve

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:55 pm

Steve,,,
Everything depends on the wind strenght, in heavy powered air don't use the bridals, the kite will launch hot and spank you for being lazy.!!
In light air, you have to pull in lots o backlines, like meters and meters, everything has a price no free lunch, cost vs. reward,,,, yeah its dicey,,so
ok hears how,,,1 just pull one side and see if the kite will tip over,,,,
2 in supper light wind :wink: this is tits and lip/stick sweet,save o ass cool,
haulin bunches o line let the kite float up as high as it will go,,, make no!!!!!!!!! effort what so ever to steer the kite just up is all you want the higher the better,,,,,,the kite will make its' own move when it dose,,, let go of the lines, pull the bar on the same side as the lowest wing-tip,,,,,, kite turns up,,,, sheet out you are now in business again,, sweet.

Hey whatya nuts???/ don't f-around with the mans system it works fine stock,, ah mmmm, thats all
fononymousl

Return to “Kitesurfing”