riders from Poland

Forum for kitesurfers
eutanator
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby eutanator » Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:59 pm

I'm new on this forum, and I'm so happy to find the place like this. In Poland is very hard to find professional infos about kiteboarding so all I know is from net.
I just check is here someone from my country or am I all alone? :smile:

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:26 pm

Hi and welcome!

I think there is another guy from Poland in the forum. You can check the memberlist, maybe he put in his country.
If not you are the first, but don't worry, you won't be the last!

maybe you can tell us some more about kitesurfing in Poland. Good spots around? Are you riding in the Baltic Sea or on a lake?
As far as I know Poland has a large group of windsurfers. So there should be many kitesurfers around, too. (if not yet, soon they will be).
Do you already have any events or competitions going on?
If it is not too far away, you should come end of April to Heidkate, close to Kiel in North Germany for the funevent and testival "King of the Coast".
You can test all new stuff of some producers.
For a list click on the link below:
http://www.kingofthecoast.de/testival.html

Greetings
Toby

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:20 pm

Welcome to a great sport! Have you been out riding at Hel yet? My girlfriend went there last summer and was impressed by the quantity of windsurfers and good riding conditions.

As to locating other riders in Poland you might also try putting a post out on the kitesurf list at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/

Rick Iossi

eutanator
Frequent Poster

Postby eutanator » Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:30 pm

So,
kiteboarding in Poland need a good babysitter at this moment. I don't now to many people that ride. How I say in first post it is very hard to get good information about gear, important news, test etc. etc.

In the end of 2001 I tried to create some association to improve those issues and develop this sport in my country, but I can do it by myself and the others kiteboarders are young and lazy.
But I won't STOP!!!

Windsurfers - yeah, we have a lot of good windsurfer and they try to handle with kites. Unfortunately they don't really like kites because of many reasons. This way don't make kiteboarding more popular. But essential is the money a common people need to buy for all the stuff. I know that for you it's maybe funny, but we didn't gain much. As you know to stay a owner of one kite with board and all those hardware, you must have at least 1.500 USD but you don't know that the middle salary in Poland is about 250 USD.

Event - in 2000 and 2001 we had competition in Leba - place on the west side of Poland shore with good winds - but I wasn't there and can't tell to much. All I know is that the winners often coming from Deutchland :smile:

If this summer the situation will no change I will give some infos on the forum.

I hope, argh... I'm sure that THIS very place will help me to develop this admirable sport in my country - if not I'll live it to find some more friendly environment!! -

OK, so you can be sure that at now I read yours letters carefully, but in near future I'll start to pose some questions so please be indulgent I have a big lack of knowledge against you and some problems with tech words - and sorry for all ort errors.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:35 pm

Be of good cheer. It sounds like kitesurfing in Poland is going through its infancy as it has in many other parts of the world. The conditions that you describe are similar to what things were like in the USA about three years ago in many areas. Kite prices will vary particularly depending on country of origin. Hopefully they will come down soon. In the USA the cost for getting into kitesurfing with new gear is not too different from getting into windsurfing currently. As to all those windsurfers that don't like kitesurfing, once they start to try it you will have many cross over to kitesurfing. In the meantime segregating kitesurfing from windsurfing areas, writing and promoting kitesurfing guidelines for kitesurfing around windsurfers and bystanders may help. If you would like to contact me privately at; flkitesurfer@hotmail.com I could forward some guidelines and other documents to you that might help.

Rick Iossi

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:34 am

it is a good thing not to give up trying to put together an association.
You should take Rick's offer, since he started the Florida Kitesurf Association and is very engaged concerning safety issues.
Hopefully more people will be able to join this wonderful sport if prices go down.
Nowadays it is easier to get good used kites for low prices. 2 years ago there was nothing to buy.

keep us informed about the scene and what is happening.

If you have further questions, you're more than welcome to post your questions.

Greetings
Toby

eutanator
Frequent Poster

Postby eutanator » Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:42 am

Guys you're topping!

Rick, I'll send you an email.

thanks for all this words that help me stand on my way.

Return to “Kitesurfing”