Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

KITE SHOPS IN HAWII

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

last question

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:11 pm

are there enough kiteboarders there to help lauch & land the kite?

thanks

name is yaron so see u there Roger
tks for info

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:44 pm

If there's enough wind to go out (and sometimes even if there's not), there will be people on the beach who will launch or catch you no problem. Everyone here is very nice and friendly. All anyone asks is that the rules for the beach are followed. They're posted up by the walk-on entrance to the launch area. Nothing complicated, just things like "No beach jumping, no jumping or jibing within 200ft of the beach, no kiting in the swim area." Pretty simple stuff. See you when you get here.

SENDIT! 8)

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:29 am

I live in Hawaii and have never seen anyone wear a wetsuit nor do I wear one.

WHAT WAS THE WIND LIKE IN THE LAST WEEK?

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:13 am

1.I GUESS NO WETSUIT IT IS ASSUMING I HAVE 'NATURAL PADDING"
2.I'M AIRBORNE IN TWO DAYS!
3.WHAT WAS THE WIND LIKE IN THE LAST WEEK?

AND THANKS FOR ALL WHO REPLIED,YOU HELPED ME GET A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT TOP EXPECT.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:45 am

The wind has been really constant for the last week or so. There were some dead spots, but for the most part, 16 was the size of choice. A few of the smaller guys were using 12's, but 16 was almost the norm for most of us. Graham Boltz (the guy who first crossed between Molokai and Oahu, and who infamously landed on the rock jetty on Waikiki beach) was on a 20 while I was on a 16 and powered. He must have been lit. BUT, 16 is the norm for most of us here. You can't go too wrong bringing it. You might want to bring a sweatshirt or light jacket if it's too windy and you end up sitting on the beach watching. It gets a little chilly that way. Of course, wherever you're coming from is probably colder than here, so it won't be much for you! :lol:

SENDIT!

Return to “Kitesurfing”