All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A question about active Front line re-ride systems
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:09 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi All,

just took delvery of my wipika amp today and have a question about the re-ride system.

Its one of those front line sytems with two rings on one of the front lines allowing the bar to slide up the line when you bail out instead of the traditional fixed leash idea.

My question is should there be some sort of ball or knot, to stop the bar going all the way up to the kite, a kite span up the leader and line .??

thanks all

jed

PS. I can't check this out for myself because.

a). there is still no wipika website for 03

b). my kite is supplied with 02' air blast instruction manual. (which was fuck all use with my air blast and even less than useless with the amp.)

come on wipika get the finger out. your customers are loosing believe in your product faster than i can say 'maybe i shoulda held out for an x3'

but i suppose you just don't get much for your money these days and after all a photo copied instruction manual is very very expensive.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:31 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Having a stopper is a good thing if you use the leash frecuently. If not, is better not having any. Clean lines looks better and are easier to unwind.
I use a front line leash without stopper and I did not have any special problems after ocasional bar releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:23 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
I agree that you can get by without a stopper on the line if you rarely throw the bar. But in high winds, when you throw the bar, it can go though the lines before you pick it up. You will be able to untangle this by threading the bar through the lines.. but this is not easy to do in strong winds.

Chris G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:57 am 
Medium Poster

thanks guyz.

i agree with you both, the idea of something knotted half way up a line seams like more potential to snag a line, and probarbly causing more problems than it worth.

cheers

jed

Post subject: other option is...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:57 pm 
Rare Poster

If you're a man flush with all the cash you saved on the wipika :) then you could buy a set of 2003 Cabrinha lines which are already set up for that sort of setup ?! - not the cheapest of options...

[ 5 posts ]