Forum for kitesurfers
kitesurfing freak
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Litewave designs

Postby kitesurfing freak » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:31 pm

Dave of Litewave designs is doing a tour in Germany and Holland to promote his boards.
He decided to give me a visit to show his boards and answer some questions.
( ps. he is learning to speak Dutch / German, so you will see some strange words ;) )

- i wanted to know if the weight is reduced and why he got away from the splitted tips

Yes, the weight is reduced...about 2.3 Kg for the 136 board. Split tips are just out of mode. Also, more 'pop'for tricks with the square tip.

- the last year they where saying the sharper the edge,the more you can hold,but with the most brands I see more rounded rails,why is that.
Don't know of the litewaves has the more rounded rails or the sharp rails

The Litewave rails are rounder than last year for safety, but still fairly sharp for better edge control. Rounder rails like on a handmade boards or a sandwich construction like a Mutant are not possible with a board that is 'pressed'like a snowboard construction.

- whats the price of the new boards?

Depending where you buy it about 650 -699 Euros including straps, pads, fins, and VAT.

- technical data of the board

-136 x 37 (2.3 kg without straps and pads)
-148 x 39
-158 x 41
-169 x 43
-179 x 46

concave bottom, durasurf (p-tex) on top, bottom and built into seam. This makes seams much stronger.

- beachstart, is it possible without damaging the board?

Oh yes, it is possible to ride on the weg (english = road) without damage....just scratches.

http://www.kiteboardgallery.net/gallery ... php?cat=32
http://www.dragon-designs.net/~kitesurf ... /litewave/

vp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Island, Sandy Hook, Long Branch
Style: foil / race
Gear: Ozone R1V3
Delta Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Green Hat Kiteboarding

Postby vp » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:08 am

that is an excellent looking board. it seems like all the problems with their 2002 boards have been resolved ( too sharp, and too large/wide for choppy waters and windy conditions ). anyone tried this board ? 136?

Ted B.
Medium Poster

Postby Ted B. » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:21 pm

That Dave litewave sure is UGLY.But his boards rock I rode the 136 yesterday and it is the best board I have ever ridden!!!!!Conditions where 20-30knts and I was on a 9.5 foil.The board floated thru the luls and held the gusts with no problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:28 pm

Ted, what other boards have you ridden so I can make a comparison. I am considering buying one of these

SunStruck!
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby SunStruck! » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:29 am

Has anyone tried the new 03 wake strap? I'm interested in how much lighter it is from the 02 model. Are they comfy to ride in?
Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”