All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Rick, do you know which big names will show up at the masters in Maimi Beach?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I will ask Gilles and Bruno and will let you know. Most of the big names have been invited. Add to that the size of the purse, the nice local party environment and I would expect that the turnout will be good.

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I know from Robby, that Miami wasn't on his schedule, and he said he knows none of the guys around him to come. But I'm still trying to convince him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:22 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Toby,

I spoke with Gilles, who indicated that a number of pro riders were coming from both France and Hawaii to the event. I didn't get any specific names unfortunately.

As to riding off Miami Beach, this is what I heard. They had been having a problem with kitesurfers blasting through groups of bathers routinely, putting them at risk. Obviously, this is a bad idea, another example of irresponsible riding and this time with a price. I understand that kitesurfing may be permitted on a limited basis but kitesurfers are to land their kites and walk in while still at least 100 ft. offshore. The water in this area is generally shallow enough to walk in. I have yet to confirm this directly with the lifeguards but will be meeting with them about this. So, it sounds like riding well away from the area of the event site may be possible with the restriction mentioned.

Rick Iossi

[ 4 posts ]