Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiteboarding Scenario #6 - Solo Landing or No?

Forum for kitesurfers
Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitedude » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:35 pm

unhook and continue riding in unhooked, that way you can make it into the shore and if a gust hits let go off the bar and let your safty do its work.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:38 am

More specifics about Peter Nordby's tragic accident and Shannon's lofting and ideas to try to avoid repetition appear at:

phpbb/viewforum.php?f=131

under:

Severe Accident in Texas, Nov. 2002

and

PRO RIDER LOFTED!

These accidents ARE being repeated with varying outcomes and consequences.

Instead of trying to discredit the message , why not work to develop even more effective NEW ideas to help other riders from falling into the same hole, over and over again. Tom is trying, instead of trying to trash what he is saying, why not come up with a true better approach. I have no doubt that they exist. I have been working at this stuff for years over hundreds of hours, you guys may be new to this by appearances. Still some constructive and useful input would be welcome.

If you don't care ...
as your actions indicate up to this point, keep on mindlessly nit picking (rickpicking as Steve puts it), I am already losing interest and I suspect lots of others are drifting away as well.

Choose well.
Last edited by RickI on Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cold Island
Rare Poster

Postby Cold Island » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:30 am

Rick,
The kiting community owes you a great debt. You are doing good work and may be personally responsible for saving lives. I have kited for 5 years and still learn from your postings. Fo is one crazy egomaniac. If they had not caught Saddam yet, he would have been my next guess. Somebody should ask Fo where the weapons of mass destruction are really hidden.

In actuallity, Fo's way over the top approach forces any thinking person to give even more thought to what you are saying. In a perverted way it helps you get the information heard. Beyond his mesage that you should learn to kite in deep water (translated, distance is your friend), what has he offered the forum in direct and critical benefit? Fo, feel free to say nasty stuff. Talk in the mirror. Whatever. I actually am glad you are part of the group, I just think your blasting of Rick is way out of line, and represents more ego than caring about anyone's safety. How can anyone argue with the logic of a good lesson before kiting? You always cite some idiotic example of a lesson. Not relevant. Keep the kite low-you cite your one bad experience. Good info. Always the exception as the rule. Nothing in life wooks that way. Keep up the good work of pointing out the exception, but don't just blow it all out of the water. Contribute. Give us a couple more no jiggle line ideas. Your board idea had some merit fore certain conditions. Got more?

friend of the family

kiteman1
Rare Poster

Postby kiteman1 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:01 am

Tom,
Bullshit!
Have you spoken to Shannon about what happened?
Bullshit!
Have you spoken to Peter about what happened?
Bullshit!
Both Knew what they were up against before they went out and made a conscious decision to still try to deal with the conditions.
The simple truth...none of these "obvious things that Rick recommends" could have saved Peter, none of them could help Shannon. When the shit hits the fan, you're fucked.
Now do you keep your cool and deal with the situation or do you panic and become a dear in the headlights?
Well Tom, I believe that you would probably do the later. Read all you want but nothing beats a good ass whooping in the early stages to get you primed for responding to the real shit.
It's people like you who read the incident reports and decide what will work best in thoery that will contribute to our bans!
Why, you ask?
Because when that 60 mph gust hits you on the water what are you going to do? you're going to ditch your gear. Why do I know this? Becuase I have seen many a kiter like you. Helmet, whistle, life vest and a hundred other safety contraptions makes you feel indestructible. When shit hits the fan, you guys are the first ones to pull the cord. It amazes me, you guys even cut the leash, like get this scary thing far, far away from me.
Bullshit!
You are right about one thing; there are a lot more kiters like you out there now than there were three years ago and yes, these kiters will contribute to more bans as their gear comes flying onto the beach, into trees, hotels, cars, bridges....BULLSHIT!

I can't believe I even waist my time with this Bullshit. You guys are hopeless. You probably won't here much more from me and I'm sure you won't miss me just do me a favor and...

Dont Kite Here![/quote]

Errrrr have you spoken to Shannon or Peter ??????
didnt think so you bullshiter
when the shit hits the fan you are not fucked ive been through the fan my experience kept me from panicking and i released to my leash in time to stop being dragged onto rocks or lofted over a road
i spent a lot of tiem flying foils on land i know what gsuty does to kites i took lessons from a very good teacher you and fo talk bullshit ive learned heaps from ricks posts keep it up rick :thumb:
you actully sound like thar arrigant fo idiot that has sex with monkeys aids is eating his brain poor bastard i bet you are him hiding behind another kooky name
Shut the f*** up unless you have spoken to a dead man read what shannon said idiot

kiteman

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:28 am

Cold Island wrote:Rick,
The kiting community owes you a great debt. You are doing good work and may be personally responsible for saving lives. I have kited for 5 years and still learn from your postings. Fo is one crazy egomaniac. If they had not caught Saddam yet, he would have been my next guess. Somebody should ask Fo where the weapons of mass destruction are really hidden.

In actuallity, Fo's way over the top approach forces any thinking person to give even more thought to what you are saying. In a perverted way it helps you get the information heard. Beyond his mesage that you should learn to kite in deep water (translated, distance is your friend), what has he offered the forum in direct and critical benefit? Fo, feel free to say nasty stuff. Talk in the mirror. Whatever. I actually am glad you are part of the group, I just think your blasting of Rick is way out of line, and represents more ego than caring about anyone's safety. How can anyone argue with the logic of a good lesson before kiting? You always cite some idiotic example of a lesson. Not relevant. Keep the kite low-you cite your one bad experience. Good info. Always the exception as the rule. Nothing in life wooks that way. Keep up the good work of pointing out the exception, but don't just blow it all out of the water. Contribute. Give us a couple more no jiggle line ideas. Your board idea had some merit fore certain conditions. Got more?

friend of the family
Cold island,
It's not about rick, it's about the nonsence that delevops from brain storming,

The idea that you won't get lofted with a low kite, the notion that you go up because of fractional bar inputs, the insisting you can just steer your kite to the gound.

These are the things I point TO!!! what does that have to do with Rick?

He invents them. and you buy into it.

don't it's just wishful thinking.

Take Shannon for example why didn't he just steer it down?

he was getting draged, so his kite was not overhead.

HE went up! his kite was not at zeinth was it?

It's ok to have heros, Rick a swell hero type.

Call me what ever names you'd like, Rick preffers vulger :D

I preffer clear headed,

I got a few tips in my history

And a few debunkings in my hip pocket.

Behave, gottmore don't take to name calling
fokiten

PS, grow up my topics are all kite related, fact or fiction? that's my game.

Some of you like to think I'm rickpicking when I'm really nitpicking, you see that little nit you buy into can kill your ass

Just how bad do you want to believe in heros? bad enough to die for one?

Think about it
fo

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:55 am

kiteman1 wrote: Errrrr have you spoken to Shannon or Peter ??????
didnt think so you bullshiter
when the shit hits the fan you are not fucked ive been through the fan my experience kept me from panicking and i released to my leash in time to stop being dragged onto rocks or lofted over a road
i spent a lot of tiem flying foils on land i know what gsuty does to kites i took lessons from a very good teacher you and fo talk bullshit ive learned heaps from ricks posts keep it up rick :thumb:
you actully sound like thar arrigant fo idiot that has sex with monkeys aids is eating his brain poor bastard i bet you are him hiding behind another kooky name
Shut the f*** up unless you have spoken to a dead man read what shannon said idiot
kiteman
That's some funny shit dude :D

I'm cracking up, kiting on land is not reccomended by the guidelines you knew that right?

f***, I mean it that's funny :D
And you had some Whoop ass training RIGHT ON!! a supporter YEAH BABY :thumb:
thanks
fo

Djizasse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Djizasse » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:47 pm

Keep pouring more info, it's good to evaluate several points of view.
I just wish you guys could try to agree on some points and discuss the rest, make it worthwile.
As with everything in life, you have to extract what's good and what's bad.

Just look at all the shit that's on these 6 pages, filtered you'd have 1 page with good stuff.

Djizasse
PS - I understand the anger.... I don't kite since Sunday...

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:05 pm

Djizasse wrote:Keep pouring more info, it's good to evaluate several points of view.
I just wish you guys could try to agree on some points and discuss the rest, make it worthwile.
As with everything in life, you have to extract what's good and what's bad.

Just look at all the shit that's on these 6 pages, filtered you'd have 1 page with good stuff.

Djizasse
PS - I understand the anger.... I don't kite since Sunday...
thanks dj,

It's good to know some people see what I'm about, the others are hung up on the sweetie pie PC side of the equation.
fo

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:22 am

I agree with Fo. Defending yourself by using someone else's experience is not valid. You can not explain a certain scenario like this....you just have to be stuck in the situation, and it will come naturally.

Return to “Kitesurfing”