All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jeff Roberts takes second at Gorge Games riding Martin M1!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:29 am 
Medium Poster

Location: barely holding down an edge in reality & about to send it

Just wanted to point this out to anyone who cared.

He chose to ride them on his own accord. He was not offered any incentives to ride them. And he was actually riding them rigged up backwards. I guess he likes it better that way, because he continued to ride like that after it was pointed out to him.

Who knows, maybe he would have finished first if he had stuck to his SS stock bindings? But he chose to ride the M1 in a contest after testing them for less than 3 weeks. Interesting.

http://www.martintechnologies.com

Yes, this is a another plug for a great product by someone with financial incentive to do so. Consider yourself warned.

Blowboarder

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Roberts takes second at Gorge Games riding Martin M
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:43 am 
Frequent Poster

Blowboarder wrote:

Just wanted to point this out to anyone who cared.

He chose to ride them on his own accord. He was not offered any incentives to ride them. And he was actually riding them rigged up backwards. I guess he likes it better that way, because he continued to ride like that after it was pointed out to him.

Who knows, maybe he would have finished first if he had stuck to his SS stock bindings? But he chose to ride the M1 in a contest after testing them for less than 3 weeks. Interesting.

http://www.martintechnologies.com

Yes, this is a another plug for a great product by someone with financial incentive to do so. Consider yourself warned.

Blowboarder

Blowboarder, you are a silly misguided youth albeit with good intentions.
Sincerely appreciate your efforts in promoting our product but would like for you to put forth correct information, if possible.

I'm one of the techno-geeky guys Blowboarder so lovingly referred to me in an earlier post-maybe this will help me clear up some misconceptions perpetrated by the "Blowboy".

1) Jeff is not riding the bindings backwards, as they are designed to be ridden in 4 possible configurations w/ different tensions and pressure dispersement possible w/ each position.

Blowboarder, just because someone does something different than you doesn't make it backwards-actually your thinking in this situation was backwards, free your mind and maybe your kiting will follow.

2) The cables used with this system are NOT titanium but high grade marine stainless steel. If you kite in saltwater with them, you should treat them like any other piece of gear and spray them down when you are done kiting. This will extend the life exponentially, like any other piece of kiting equipment.

3) Martin Technologies is not seeking licensing opportunities with any other companies at this time. If this position changes, I will post that info.

4)Due to the extreme response from Blowboarder's marketing efforts, we have many more requests for sample product than we can currently fill. We appreciate your patience in this matter. I will post changes as they occur.

5) Don't put too much stock in Blowboarder's posts, he means well but likes to speak before he thinks. His kiting skills could use some improvement as well. Blow, more time on the water, less time at the keyboard.

Thanks for your time.

Post subject: Re: Jeff Roberts takes second at Gorge Games riding Martin M
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:15 am 
Medium Poster

Location: barely holding down an edge in reality & about to send it
Stewart wrote:
Blowboarder, you are a silly misguided youth albeit with good intentions.
Sincerely appreciate your efforts in promoting our product but would like for you to put forth correct information, if possible.

OUCH!!

STEW, I feel like I just got taken out back to the woodshed and beaten by my old man. DAMN!!

Nice to see you're posting here now, I'll leave the promotion up to you so you can make sure all the info is correct.

Now I can get back to the important shit to be dealt with on this forum, such as arguing with Fo about useless details regarding nothing or discussing the many merits of kite high/kite low/kite high again/repeat.

Or useful and relevant political rants with our future president.

Or maybe the damn wind would blow so I could just stay the hell off this site for a while. Now that would be nice.

:)

[ 3 posts ]