All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Nomad Wave ultra 142 X 42 review
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:12 pm 
Medium Poster

Last eight years i try to find the perfect board for the waves. Not for every one but for me. What that means? That i like a TT board for waves.. Thats why i have try many many custom carbon TT boards that 7 of them i owned and now i keep the 4 of them.. And more than 20 production boards that i keep now the 3 of them.. Two carbon production boards, one of them is select north, that sucks .. And some directionals..Image
Rider: intermediate, 84 kilos.
Test Conditions: onshore , side onshore, waves or choppy..

Wind 12 to 25 knots -

Gear: wainman hawaii 12m, smoke 9m -

Spot: Chios island, kontari, - Greece -

Board test: nomad wave ultra 142 x 42, weight 2,250gr + components 1.200gr , total weight 3,450grImage
I use to ride last years a very very good custom carbon freestyle freeride board that was realy light weight , 1,750 gr only the board.. Thats why my first impression when i hold the 1.300 euro nomad wave ultra was lil negative cause of the weight's different. The fine and high tech construction is obviously, best materials, but with NO random design and shape.. Everything is 100% under control.
I late to write my review cause of the medium conditions. First days marginal winds, or gusty.. And of course i want to be sure for everything before i write this review. After of 6 weeks of many many sessions.. I can say...
My first impression wasnt good , the pads were slippery and i couldnt felt confident to almost everything, not only to aerials. I communicate with Nomad. They said right that pads have chemicals that make the slippery feeling. They usally dont wash.. But After firsts sessions it dissapear.. I didnt wait for that, i change pads with other i own, same weight.
In the water general..Image
The board is realy good and gives what u want to almost all conditions . Pop is well, landind is good even after a high jump with kiteloop and gives u confindent cause of the bomb proof construction. What is excel in board ? can go upwind perfect, more than my expectetions..especialy when u have try mutand boards that have many negatives for one positive.
can keep control in high speeds perfect, for what i wasnt sure in first days. Maybe need lil time to understand it and the right conditions that i hadnt . .

The most important is the board's main role, the carving ability.... But before i say anything, its very important for every one to know that this custom board i order it in MORE WIDE strap hole distance.. Mine is 47 cm ,the inner holes distance.. Nomad usally made it less, thinner. That means that all the following that u will read maybe is different if for example my back foot was more close to the center 3, 4 cm..
For my settings i can say that the wave board kill everything i have try..
I was windsurfer since 1986.. I try 4 different directionals for kitesurf wave riding.. I cant say that im good in directionals.. But even with straps i dont like this slaping , in choppy conditions that directionals have,I hate it . I prefer the smoothest ride of TTs..
The board can go smooth and fast with NO FACE SPRAY..
Turns and hold the speed well on down the line even if the kite, my kite, doesnt drift well, or in other situations the wind isn't enough.. Toeside waveriding is as I usually had about position and upwind but its better in direct drive and hold the speed better and carves better than other classic TT or even new design directinals that are more drag style like axis.. Is more fast that other wave TT and go better upwind and faster than mako.. And ofcourse you dont worry to elaminate through time..
the perfect mix for those who want the board to be loose some times like transitions..and drag enough to ride hard on waves.. you can turn smooth and if you press it more it turn sharp and agressive
Light wind was realy good,can plan very early in light wind and with its upwind performance can make a light wind day enjoyable... i was faster to start in same conditions same size kite from others with a huge , door board..
Overall: if you want a high performance wave board that can do all you want in waves plus the easy transition of a TT.. Fast, dreamy upwind..without to increase the width for going early .. You have a normal width board that is the best TT for waves right now.. This is your board..Highly recomended

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]