Forum for kitesurfers
Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I seen this on the news...coming to a town near you

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:45 am

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC....So if this bothers you, you my close this message and move on now. I write this here because this is an international forum that I know people at....

This is some pretty scary times we are living in these days. If it's not one threat it's another. I seen on the news here something to the effect of...

"health officials on Sunday were analyzing samples from a mysterious respiratory illness described by the World Health Organization as “a worldwide threat.â€

vide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vide » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:45 am

Yeah, it's been on the news here as some nasty form of Pnemonia.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:30 am

Can you (Johnny, or anybody else) tell more about this? I'm very interested.

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:12 am

yes Jonny, we got a description of it a s a particu;larly bad canadian born FLU. Could this be some propaganda in order to turn us eventually against the Iraqi's ? man that'd be almost WW2 tactics.

rolltide
Frequent Poster

Postby rolltide » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:19 am

I can say with rather good accuracy this latest "bug" isnt some sort of propaganda. Throughout history "plagues" of various sorts have been mother natures way of population control. Many plagues of the past have yet to be identified, or were coined "influenza" by practitioners of medicine. Many doctors are currently contributing to drug resistant forms of the pneumonia and staphylococci infections (along with many other) through overusage of antibiotics. Coming from a medical background, I foresee the emergence of old epidemics that will migrate to many places due to mans ability to travel the world freely. These infections diseases could quite possibly be incurable (aids, herpes, hepatitis A,B,C,D,E,F,G....)and migrate much faster than anything the world has yet to see.. If you wanna learn more about this topic I encourage you to read " The Coming Plague " by laurie garrett.
Back to this respiratory illness going around. There are like 150 people in Germany that are quarantined due to exposure during an airline flight. 9 or 10 have died last I heard and none of the current medications have proven effective against this illness... The advice given to healthcare workers thusfar is to isolate and blood culture patients with a high fever and cough. Don't let people cough on ya, stay an arms length from anyone displaying a fever/cough and frequent handwashing are effective steps in protecting yourself against becomming ill.. especially the handwashing, you would not believe the kinda shit that you can culture (grow in a dish/jar) from common things such as currency, door handles, rails, countertops, etc etc. avoid being in crowded places with poor air circulation. Thats about all I can tell ya at this point.. The Centers for Disease Control is damn good at tracking, isolating and identifying infectious disease, in fact I know someone who is an epidemiologist with the CDC in Atlanta.. There is shit beneath the surface of the ground at the CDC that would kill you dead dead dead quick horrifying and quick.
ANYWAY 'nuff of that stuff... time to take a toke from my basket full of smoke and give a toast to the green for 'TIS ITS SAINT PATRICKS DAY !!
A big shout out to the Fenians across the big pond.
TIOCFAIDH 'AR LA' !! :thumb:

rufus
Medium Poster

Postby rufus » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:59 am

There are like 150 people in Germany that are quarantined due to exposure during an airline flight. 9 or 10 have died last I heard and none of the current medications have proven effective against this illness...
A doctor from Singapore along with his wife and his mother-in-law have been hospitalized in Frankfurt, Germany after the doctor complained about high fever and breathlessness on a flight from New York via Frankfurt to Singapore.
All 150 other passengers of that flight had been isolated and monitored for some time but were released home although they were asked to stay home until the doctors know exactly what illness they are dealing with. All of these passengers are well. The doctor is alive but not doing too good. They don't know yet, if he is suffering of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome).

The problem with SARS is, that they have not yet found the pathogenic germ whic causes this type of pneumonia.

See the WHO press Release for more details: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/releases/2003/pr23/en/

Rufus

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:08 pm

Guys, guys

Its just a cold! you poor yanks will be calling it a global conspiracy next. People die of pnemonia every day. This is just another example of dubia's plan to make you all stay-at-home johnnys. Your economy is down the pan so if you stay at home you aint spending dollars abroad.

Doesn't bother me, London's a better place without those plaid pants anyway
:thumb:

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:01 pm

[quote="Cockney lad"]Guys, guys

This is just another example of dubia's plan to make you all stay-at-home johnnys. Your economy is down the pan so if you stay at home you aint spending dollars abroad.

2002 GDP

US +3.5%
Britain +2.2%

Zardoz

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:53 pm

Oi 'Cockney lad' what old crap you talk! Lets hope your surfing is better than your economics, but living in london i bet you don't even surf?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:39 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”