Forum for kitesurfers
Rv
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Guerilla 13 & 10 stacking report

Postby Rv » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:25 pm

Arrived at the beach yesterday only to find the wind blowing a feeble 6-9mph, so I decided to stack my Guerilla 13 and 10 together. Set them up as for a normal side launch, side by side, with 5m stacking lines all round.

On the first launch the rear left stacking line got caught around the bottom of the spar on the lower kite (10), so I landed them and sorted them out for another attempt.

On the second launch, all went well, but the top kite (13) would stall and back down while the 10 would try to fly ahead. Not ideal. Landed the kites and added 4inch pigtails to the both rear stacking lines on the 13 to help give it some speed compared with the 10.

By the third launch the wind had dropped further. Probably 4-7mph at this point. Launched well, but needed to be kept moving to prevent stalling. Turned well togther, and flew togther when dived for power, but the 13 would still back down first when stalled, so maybe 6" pigtails would have been better.

Attempted to sail with the stack in these winds, but there just wasn't enough. Not supriseing really, on a 148, I doubt anything short of a helicopter would have got me going. I could stand and plough the water for a little way, but just couldn't get up to speed to plane properly.

So overall, good fun, looks promising for future attempts, but nature wins this round :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”