What to do when there's no wind?

Forum for kitesurfers
MrBonk
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MrBonk » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:01 am

Well, that's just typical isn't it......back to work today after 2 weeks holidays of virtually no wind and what happens? The wind shows up.......ffs......someone up there hates me, I'm sure of it......

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:32 am

Cable ski has quite a big impact in terms of trying basic skills which you can't do behind a kite initially.

As a beginner, it helps with basic riding skills, balance, powerslides etc.

Intermediates can practice backside powerslide, blind 180's, 360's with a handle pass, toeside riding etc.

Advanced riders can practice things like backrolls, KGB's etc if you're into wakestyle tricks, otherwise, its fun for just playing around.

If you want to do good inverts, a wakeboard is a requirement as the bindings are necessary, and you need the wakeboard rocker for loading the cable on releases.

I put together an article on this recently for a website with video clips etc. You can check out the article on http://www.ikiteboarding.com/article_detail.aspx?id=68 . Its still missing some of the clips and I haven't extended it to add the inverts yet, but I'll be added them shortly. Part 1 is an overview, part 2 is a short overview on the differences between wakeboards and kiteboards, and part 3 is a how to do tricks thing with the basics from launching to small tricks.

The article is primarily aimed at beginners, but I rate the place as good fun when there is no wind around. Its also good fitness practice as your arms take strain and its a good overall workout.

MrBonk
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MrBonk » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:06 am

Just read those articles......interesting stuff...thanks :thumb:

Looks like a trip to the cable ski park might be a good day out for all!

Mo
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The KiteHouse _ North Marina _ Liban Nord
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Ras Sudr
Style: Freestyle
Gear: DTK Mono 2020 15m, 2020 Mono 11m, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 Rebel SLS 10m, 2021 Neo SLS 9m, 2020 Dice 9m, 2022 Dice 8m, 2022 Dice 7m, 2022 Neo SLS 5m
Brand Affiliation: Duotone

Postby Mo » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:40 pm

A bottle and then a can and then a draft and then.... beers beers beers.... oops there comes the wind....

Return to “Kitesurfing”