Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

whats wrong with north?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

scepter bar system & lines

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:03 am

i have the septer & have used it several times.

the good:
- has a great depower range on the chicken loop (and can be adjusted)
- bar feel is compact and positive
- can be changed from 60cm to 50cm
- is highly adjustable in all aspects
- smart little bungie cords hold wrapped lines in place when packing bar
- one front line has a grab handle which can aid in self-landing
- depower strap has two handles for adjustment (one for more power one for less)
- multi-position leaders for gross tuning
- micro-adjust on leaders for fine tuning
- quick realease on chicken loop and fixed line strap

the bad:
- takes a while to set-up properly - eg, stop knot on chicken loop has to be as far back to the webbing as possible;
- the fixed lines need to be used several times before they are shaped properly (ie, elongated) to get in and out with ease
- the chicken loop is too long and makes it harder than need be to get in and out of the fixed lines
- adjustment strap too far away to reach easily (can be brought closer, but at the expense of less depower on the chicken loop)

overall i give it a 7 out of 10
compared with last years bar: which i would say is also 7 out of 10, because it is easier to use, but not as adjustable / doesn't have the safety features

i must say the bar system is growing on me

on the lines, i have yet to have any north line snap on me - this compares very well to buddies using slingshot stock lines which have snapped several times
the lines are soft, but why is that bad? i have no problems with stretching

Ramo
Medium Poster

Postby Ramo » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:19 am

I have the scepter bar and find the Naish QR much better/reliable though the north one sounds better if you want to avoid using a shackle ('cos of chicken dick). Don't much like it overall but only serious reservation is the quick wear on the chicken loop (very noticeable after three sesions). Don't know whether this is the rope itself or the bar but have seen similar comments on this forum - anyone have a view having already used another chicken loop with the scepter bar for a while? Thx

qtybry
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby qtybry » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:39 pm

thanx guys!!! :D anyone else like the scepter bar??

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:18 pm

I like it, never released on its own, i don't use the fixed loop.
Lines are too light they tangle just by flapping in the wind, used q-power in the past, buy them the rule.
Saftey release is good for me.
I also waxed the center line with bees wax, seems to have cut down on wear.
The release mech on the saftey leash has released twice, i might just take it away.
All in all its been good so far.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:31 am

I like the bar. And specially the kite in the other end of the lines...
I think there´s nothing wrong with the bar and the lines can be kept slippery & untangly with flour, teflon or related slip agents. All release systems may unhook accidentally, specially such large pieces as on this bar. What I don´t like, is the chicken loop clip is too short - the loop comes off the harness hook.

Return to “Kitesurfing”