2 g-arc's...

Forum for kitesurfers
kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:43 pm

I think there should be a bit of overlap. If you're around 75kg (165lb), your comfortable high end on the 15 should be nearly 20 knots, & your comforable low end on the 840 shouldn't be much more than about 14.

> I have never flown any of them so are they to different to use?

Hmm. Not so different that it takes a lot of practice to switch permanently, although as "Guest" points out, going back & forth between them may be a bit tough. I'd say you'd find that the performance of the G is so much superior that you won't really like the S very much by comparison. Cost* would be about the only reason not to get a 15 & a 13 (plenty of overlap, & very nearly the same top end with the 13 & 840) or a 15 & 10 (even more top end than the 840, but only a very slight overlap to the 15, if at all - depending on who you talk to!).

*Depending on where you're located, I may be able to surprise you with a
really good 2-kite package price. Contact me directly if you're interested.

Mel

Mr Float
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2 g-arc's...

Postby Mr Float » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

I'm gonna buy 2 g-arc's, but don't know what size it will be. I'm 65 kg, surfing with a 1.50m twintip. I want to surf in 3-4 to 6 bft. What sizes are the right ones? I thought a 15 and an 10?
Hi

Anthony D is the man to tlk to here .He is about your weght and has a 15 and a 10.Not sure of his board size but its about a 145 woody i think.He has the range covered with those 2 Hes out in no wind in waves with the 15 while everyone else is dreaming and when I first put him on the 10 it was 30 kts and he was really unsure before I gave it to him to try but couldn't get it back.After he got it I have seen him out on the 10 in 15 kts and less I am not quite sure if hes holding the 15 up to 20 kts but I am pretty sure that he's happy with the overlap and the range and performance that the combo gives

My advice is don't mix the 840 and 15.

All the BEst

Lachlan

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:37 am

I have the G15, G13, and G10 at 165 lbs, the G10 is just getting going at 20" with gusts over 30. With gusts over low twenties, I am looking for the G13. There is a whole heck of a lot of wind between the G15 and G10. And that range - is the sweet spot for the G13.

For instance today, gusty windy averaging upper teens with gusts to mid twenties and big lulls. No way I could have used the G10 and I know that G15 would have been too much.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from a two kite quiver, you can always buy another. It is easier than returning one!

David

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:04 am

David: Do you ever stack the 10/13 and if so, how does it compare to the 15. Slower turning, harder launch, more bottom end? If someone had only the 10 & 13 would they really need the 15? I find the G10 easy to handle but I've never stacked Arcs - yet :)
Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”