Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

News from Hurghada

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

That bitch of a place Egypt

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:42 pm

How did you know that my kitesurfing ability sucks? You're too right there and it certainly wasn't helped by trying to learn in that bitch of a place.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:17 pm

I think you might be confusing your experience of other places than the Colona spot. No-one is hard sell or tried to rip me off - just cool and helpful.

As to offshore I would agree - but if you can go upwind well, you will always get home at this spot - and if you do have problems they will come and rescue you.

--
Slider (slow connection - can't be ars*d to log in)

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm

Well, it happened. After ___5___ days of no wind it suddenly cranked from the east at lunchtime - unfortunately I was on a dive boat at the the time. At about 5pm (just as I rigged up!!!) it died off - but now the forecast is looking good for the next week with more usual N / NE coming back.

Big up to all the guys from last week and welcome to the new guys.
:bye:

Slider again - not logged in.

vestel
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vestel » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:42 am

Well, after we came back home on Friday, we where welcomed with a great windy conditions, good cross shore wind and a good 20-25 knots.

I am happy for you guys, have fun

Was a pleasure meating you all and specially to see your sad faces while waiting for the wind. It is good to know that I am not the only one obsessed with wind.

Vestel out.

Rip Hard, :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”