Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

posi suction or axis pro?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

posi suction or axis pro?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:36 am

what should I go for, the posi suctions or cabrinha axis pro bindings. I can get the posis cheaper, but the cabrinhas look great. Any advise or experience with these bindings?

Thanks

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:04 am

they are made in the same factory and use the same foam. they are both very comfortable. the cabrinhas have the buckle, which adds weight, but will lock you in better. i think it is unnecessary. honestly, i would go with whichever one is available to you the easiest. liquid force changed ownership and is back in business.

1980buick
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby 1980buick » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:56 am

I have the Axis pro bindings,I loved them. I say that i loved Because I injured my foot a while back and now I cant get it into the bindings. I rode them with out the buckle, you can take it off off and jsut use the laces. I ride in straps now and must admit i do miss feeling locked in.

Peiter

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:57 am

just to fan the flames the other way, do you really want bindings, give foot freedom an option...

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:23 pm

I ride a hazmat, it's a great board even though it's a little on the heavy side and I can never keep it on throughout a fast spin. The only footstraps that I remotly liked were the slingshot cuffs and those are almost as expensive as the bindings I'm going to get. I feel that with full bindings I can hold more power so I can go huge and also keep the board on during low, powered stuff. Also, I hate chasing a runaway board after a wipeout. But thats just what I think.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:08 am

I have been trying to get used to footstraps for about 2 months now , yesterday I decided that the boots are going back on .
Personal preference and the conditions have to be considered .
For me its our conditions at my local spot that are steering me back to bindings .
Also trying to do raileys and S bends in straps , I have seen others do it but I have lost the confidence to try it again .
As far as what type , get what fits you the best , comfort is what it is about . They will both do the job .
With the axis just check the screws that hold the buckle strap to the plate , have seen 1 that came off , probably worth putting bolts all the way through .
The rest of the boot is great and that greasy material is great for getting in and out .
MikeN

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 pm

The Posi Suction and the Axis are not made at the same factory and use differnet hardware and foam. I know because I designed the POSI Suction and sourced the Manufacturing.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:33 pm

ok, well, I just bought the cabrinhas so I guess I will find out in a couple of days

Return to “Kitesurfing”