Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which size of the Mach 1 do you recommend me?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:58 pm

Hi,

I have the 9.1 now, the importer of the Netherlands from F.one give it to me to try.
I´ve try him last sunday and it´s a great kite. In 4 bft I must a little bit depoweren but it was very simple.
I must give the kite next week back and I think I´ll buy the 9.1 Mach 1, because sometimes the wind is a little bit too hard and at the beach/lake where I ride are very much windsurfers and kiterboarders (beginners and a small group of good riders).
What do you think?! Is it good or not?! What is the windrange for me with that kite, because on the bag and kite stand 18>30 knots but that´s for people like you, but I´m ligther and smaller! Please tell me.....

Thanx Jorrit
I´ve got MSN: kitemaster2000@hotmail.com

Jorrit
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jorrit » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:30 pm

Hi Toby and others,

I don´t know if you read my last topic about the 9.1, which I have borrowed now.
Please tell me more...

Thanx Jorrit
Now registered user!!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:37 pm

Jorrit,

you had to depower it in 4 Beaufort?

So you used it from 3-4?

If you had depowered it then you should get the 9.3, because the 12.1 will be definitely to much.

Greetings
Toby

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 26, 2002 1:05 pm

Hi Jorrit, I think your question is very difficult to answer. I don't know a single kiter who weights only 54 Kg. I personally (weight 70 Kg) use a 13,5 Arx and a RRD 5,5 directional and it works fine from upper 3 to lower 5 Beaufort. When using a smaller board you may always want to have either more wind or more power, therefore a bigger kite would be the better choice. The smaller board also has a better handling in overpower-situations and is more "radical" for sure, leading to more fun. In the end you have to consider this: You will at least need 2 kites to handle all the different wind conditions. You might want to buy the 12.1 first, to use at 3 to 5 Beaufort or so and later on, when you get accustomed to stronger wind speeds, buy a kite the size of maybe 8 m².
So, try to testfly some kites or elsewise try to do a lucky shot! I certainly made one with my stuff. It works fine for me, for at more than five Beaufort I can still go windsurfing!

Hang Loose, Finn

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:57 pm

Hi Jorrit!

when you tried the 9 and had to depower it in that conditions a little bit, then take that one! Then the 12 will be to big for you.
As a Board I can tell you that Underground Boards are really good! http://www.undergroundkiteboards.com or
http://www.flow-motion.net (Germany)
Great Boards, i ride it in combination with the mach 1.
When you have the chance to test one, do it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”