Been thanked: 0

Postby george » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:45 pm

Terrific photos, Rick! Keep 'em coming.

It was good to finally meet you. Great time down there. :bye:

~george

Has thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:56 pm

Looks like Rob Hassle to me. That also looks like one of Robs old Jojo's in the pic of the foil. Tampabay was represented well out there. Tampa bay local tied for 1st in amatuer freestyle too didn't they? Does anyone have the full results from the contest? I woule like to see them to see how many other familiar faces are on it. Haven't seen them posted anywhere yet.

Good job with the Photoshop Rixk. You are learning to use it for sure! You may only know how to use 1% of it's features, but you are learning them well. Keep up the good work!

george
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby george » Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:16 pm

Rob Hassel, for sure. Florida riders did quite well. I posted Islamorada results soon as I returned Sunday night...

http://www.kiteflix.com

That's about all I was able to do because I came down with a wicked flu so I'm a bit slow getting any photos or videos up. Hope to post some before the weekend is out. Despite the fickle wind down there, Islamorada truly is a paradise.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:04 am

Thanks for that update and information George. I am looking very forward to seeing the videos you produce from the event. Your flix just keep getting sicker and sicker! I stole some of your information and reposted it on our news page...it compliments a new video that was added to our gallery today so I couldn't resist.

http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com/news.html

Talk to you soon brother!

Johnny

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:07 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, check out that video, and at approximately 6 minutes and 22 seconds into the video you will see Travis' lightwind Tampabay Heart Attack. It's kinda unique...havent seen it anywhere else. It's something more that you can do light winds though.

Pea's Out!

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:33 pm

Good to meet you as well George. Lots of great videos on your site George and Johnny's too! I am still in the early days of learning how to process all the stock digital footage that I have. One thing I do need to do is to go in and capture some still images to accompany the next article. The quality will suffer but better than doodling stick figure illustrations! Some of best squall shots and all the final heat images ended up on video. Those guys sure were loaded with strong wind out there during the last part of the competition. Looking forward to seeing your processed videos on the competition, they should be great!
Last edited by RickI on Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:15 pm

Gracias Rick! Always good to hear things bout your site/work.
Sorry I missed ya in Islamorada this year.

Johnny

george
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby george » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:43 am

Thanks, Rick. I still have a lot to learn but I'm enjoying the process. I'm fortunate to be able to film such good local talent. Soon as I'm over this funk let's get together. Maybe we'll show some video at the Surf Cafe or something.

Johnny, I was hoping to finally meet you in Islamorda. Don't worry about "stealing" stuff from my website. I'm flattered you think it's worthwhile. Of course, you will start sending me free stuff, right? :lol: The new video is good. Tell Travis to contact me. I lost his email when I changed hosts. He's definitely got a spot in the KiteFlix Florida movie.
Cheers,
~george

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:08 pm

Images from Day Two have been served up at:

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8718

Enjoy!

Return to “Kitesurfing”