RRD SUPERTYPES

Forum for kitesurfers
coxy
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby coxy » Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:35 pm

Hello All!

I have just purchased the 12 & 16 supertype kites, and they are absolutely killer, very fast, extremely responsive with great low end-top end power!!!

My problem is this. What is the best way to relaunch them ? The difficulty is in rolling the kite onto it's back, does anybody know of a technique that I can use to acheive this other than swimming to the thing?

Cheers!

Coxy

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:22 pm

ok, this answers my question before.
So you have the Supertype! Cool! :cool:
The Supertype has a small profile therefore it is not so easy to turn on its back. The only technique I know is swimming towards it. The more you grab into the depower lines the better you can turn it, but watch the lines so they don't wrap around you and the kite doesn't get power while your hands are wrapped with lines!
Just try to practice and you will improve your technique. And, don't worry, since you will drop it less and less. Always have in your mind where the kite is and where it is flying to. So after a bad jump you have to steer it the way so it doesn't drop. practice, practice, practice!

have fun
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”