Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Stage Two controlbar review on www.kiteboard.be

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:17 pm

Hi ,

Just seen the review of the Stage Two bar on http://www.kiteboard.be , looks very nice.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:24 pm

Looks solid construction

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:01 am

nice

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:01 pm

Where can you buy it in the US?

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:57 pm

And what do you all think of the price of around 210Euro's

Seems rather expensive to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sake on 2002-04-16 22:58 ]</font>

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:45 pm

I just got one i have,nt tried it quite ,but i am looking forward to it very much,the build of the bar looks good it is quite havey and has quite alot of parts to it it comes with a very nice set of leader line,The back of it has a strange blue lumpy feel to it with lines throug it that it lockes into,I cant help to think that it well wear out ,but how quick is the question?

enzo
Medium Poster

Postby enzo » Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:19 am

Have used the bar a half dozen times now and I really like it.
Ryan, you nailed a possible problem area, the blue ribbed side of the strap.
After a few times I noticed that when riding I was utilizing mainly the end section of the ribbed strap. This was the distance from the bar I needed to feel confortable but it also resulted in using the ribbed strap close to its end most of the time. Because of this setting I noticed 2 problems:
1- the locking mechanism tends to slide when locked at the very end of the ribbed strap (with the bar completely pulled in towards you), but after an inch or so of sliding it locks solid again
2- The blue part (ribbed side)tends to wear off at the end of the strap.
Obviously both problems were due to the fact that I was using the strap too close to its end where a plastic plaque connects it with the steel ring (which connects to the chicken loop shackle release). The plastic plaque does not allow the ribbed strap to bend properly and causes these two issues.

The solution was very simple and worked perfectly. All I had to do is adjust the size of the chicken loop and make it much smaller so when riding in max power mode the ribbed strap would lock in a couple inches from it's end at the most. Slipping and wearing of the ribbed side immediately vanished (when and some wearing will eventually occur remains to be seen).
I guess this is a modification needed depending on how you ride and what kind of harness you use as well (I have a dakine fusion), but if you notice that you are utilizing the strap at its end most of the time I'd suggest you try this modification and I'm sure you'll notice a big difference.
I guess S2 should either have instructions on how to rigg the bar properly or offer different lenghts for chicken loop/safety shackle (just like in windsurf, various harness lines).

hope it helps but I will also try to ask directly to S2 if they are aware of this, may be freerider could pitch in a few good words.

enzo

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:55 am

Thanks for that,
I noticed that about the bar as well It dose tend to find its own lock postions after you let go of it but i dont really see that as to much o a problem as long as it still locks at some point near where you let go,
Thanks for that tip about the chicken loop.
Where do you do most of your riding then ?

enzo
Medium Poster

Postby enzo » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:36 pm

i live in New York and travel up and down the coast depending on the season (from Hatteras to Cape Cod). This year the season has beeen unusually warm and we've beeen out a bunch locally since February.
Trips to the Caribbean are also an easy proposition during the winter, PR, Dominican Republic ...
Will be in Europe for few weeks this summer starting late June (italy and France) look forward to get some kiting in in my old home turf (that's where I windsurfed for many years before I moved to the states).
What do you call home Ryan ?
enzo

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:06 pm

is the price of 210 Euros including lines or without?

Return to “Kitesurfing”