All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:47 am 
george wrote:
Would you all rather have them easier to download or higher quality larger files?

I'd go for the quality, larger files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello George,

The current video looks good in terms of resolution, it would be great to see the pure digital version sometime. I am not sure how much extra work and hassle it would be but having a smaller, faster loading version and a larger, high quality option would be ideal. Lots of us have broadband access these days then again many do not. Of course there are the times when you are traveling and have to check things out with dial up connections.

Keep up the great work!

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:22 am 
Medium Poster

My website did have separate slow speed and high speed pages where I kept different size files to accomodate people. But between that and the Windows & QuickTime versions I had 4 copies of the same video. This soon became cost prohibitive so I trimmed it down. If you notice, the URL for my current video section still says "slow-speed" as I cut out the high speed page. I had a 50mb version of Hurdman's "Good Foot" video up for a while that was really sweet but it was costing me.
:duh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:50 am 
Very Frequent Poster

:o BTW, tell me more about that flying boat! That was cool! Where can you get one? :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Here is one source:

http://www.polarismotor.it/

Happy Flying!

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:22 am 
Great Link! ThanX. :thumb:

They must be pretty spend, cuz I can't find a price for my FlyingInflatableBoat! Loox like a lot of fun though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

You're killing it George! Keep up the good work. Excellent editiing bro.

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:01 pm 
Thanks for all your support. I know much of it is coming from here. You all have been burning up KiteFlix's lines this month with over 60,000 hits so far. I ran into some bandwidth overages $$ yesterday that almost gave me a heart attack. I'm happy to report that the charges were waived and KteFlix has been moved to a new, lightning-fast server with unlimited bandwidth allowed (for this month only). I think my hosting company is baffled by the traffic and is curious to see how much bandwidth KiteFlix could burn thru with the leash off. The new server is so fast that when I was testing the 18mb Islamorada "teaser" I thought I had mixed the link up with a version half that size.

I just posted another new video. Islamorada - Special Mention. Andy Hurdman snapped two lines and was knocked out of the final heat just as the starting horn went off. His riding prior to that was well worth remembering. So download as much as you want this month at KiteFlix while we have the free ride!

:thumb:

george

http://www.kiteflix.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Nice video George! Andy should be pleased with what you have put together. He does pull off great moves out there! It is interesting that your video has several complete takes of some of the sequence shots that I took. It is great to be able to see both renderings.

Thanks for putting this together!
Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:44 pm 
Medium Poster

TY, Rick. I'm enjoying your still photos. Interesting to see what you captured and I completely missed! I look forward to seeing what you caught with your GL1.

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next