Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new titan set up.

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:08 am

Mike - Simon knows the kites inside and out. I hear the 12.5 is due in about a week to 10 days. I shoud be able to post a Titan review tomorrow (supposed to be 20-30mph!!!!).
NUKIN

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:17 am

12m titans should be in the uk today, about 2-3 days for the rest of you.

mike ask charlie to email you pics of the trimmings, if i was at home i'd do it myself but i'm in sheffield...

the main benefit of these changes is low end turning speeds, email charlie at oceanside and ask him the difference.

kitesuffer
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitesuffer » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:52 pm

Thanks Simon,
Will do
'bout time I hassled those loafers :wink:

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:00 pm

All this is already posted at the flysurfer.de site, it works just the same as the attachment points on a tubekite, v-line shorter =>faster kite v-line longer =>a bit slower but more stable kite. (Below the summary)

Trimming your WAC SYSTEM:

You may customize the kite’s performance by simply changing the position of one single knot on the depower knot line in the WAC line system.
The depower knot line regulates the interaction of changes in the angle-of-attack and the brake system.

Change of the knot position => Effect
Moving the knot up towards the kite Kite reacts more via changes
in the angle-of-attack => Kite is more stable when depowered

Moving the knot down towards the bar => Kite reacts more via the brakes, Kite turns faster, Kite creates more lift when powered up

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:57 pm

yeh but moving the leaders helps as well its a compound effect, that simply moving the a-lines does not give...

sq22 in the cafe

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:31 am

Serial Titan Review.......
Took the 9.5 titan out today with the trimming instructions posted by SQ.
I weight 175lbs and used a 140cm board in winds from 16-35mph.

Basically all I can say is that the kite has tremendous range similar to the psychos. The low end is a little more usable becasue the top wing tip folds in a little to capure the wind. This kite goes upwind like crazy.

The stablility of the kite was much greater than the psycho especially when I messed up a little on jumps etc. I don't want to start any new arguments but several other kiters rigged 3x during the session I had and the Titan just kept motoring by adjusting the depower (blue/yellow straps)
there were windsurfers using 3.7's / 4.7's and 5.5's and I used ONE Kite - awesome range.

Jumping - not as good as the psycho. Hangtime is about 75%, but I would say height is about the same or better. Then again nothing boosts LIKE the PSYCHO. Unlike the Psycho, the titan can be swung back past 12:00 for maximum air. You can also do a direct pull style jump with the wac bar.

Launching and landing - Did it solo so what more can I say. I dropped the kite 2x and it was never in the h20 for more than 10 seconds.

Turning - Turns faster then the psychos and has a nice pull on upturns, you can really use this kite in the waves, if the lines go slack the kite "finds" the proper position without collapsing.

Sorry for the long post,
The TITAN rocks!
Frank

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:05 pm

cheers for the review fella.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:09 am

move the top centre vline knot down 6cm
move each of the leader line knots down 4cm.

SQ, do you mean move the vline knot down toward the kite, or toward the bar? move the leader lines down toward the kite or toward the bar?
I didn't like the way my new 9.5 titan was tuned so I moved the top vline knot toward the kite, and the leader line knots toward the bar. Now it's really screwed up. Did I get it backward? Should I have moved the vline knot toward the bar and the leader line knots toward the kite?
Also, as it came tuned from the factory, before I made any changes, the kite had a tendency to fly to the left when it was hovering directly overhead. In this neutral position the brake lines(steering lines) were completely slack and sagging so that the kite was flying with only the A&B bridle lines. It would veer to the left, leading me to suspect that the left side a&b lines are shorter. Is this true? Did I explain it well enough for you to be able to comment on? Thanks, Bill D.

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:18 pm

Bill -
I moved the knots down TOWARD the bar. I moved the centre V line down
TOWARD the bar.......(3 knots total) and she flies real fine.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:04 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Bill

Return to “Kitesurfing”