Motorcycle comparing Kites.

Forum for kitesurfers
Monkey Surfer
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Motorcycle comparing Kites.

Postby Monkey Surfer » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:23 am

I'm going to buy my first lei soon and there are a lot of them out there.
It would be great if someone could translate the different kites into motorcycles so you get a good idea about them... I guess it's quite similar as well.. If you by a GXSR1000 and a Blade or a R1 as a beginner you probably will enjoy them equally since you can't use the power of the gixxer anyway and the blade will probably suit you best?

Maybe a stupid reference but... ;)

like:
GSXR1000 = Naish X2, Psycho..
Fireblade = Naish Aero2, Titan..
Honda Hornet = Ocean Rodeo Stinger
Honda Goldwing = North training kite...

Tabitha
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tabitha » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:41 am

It's not a stupid idea, you just need to find someone with way too much time on their hands :D to bother doing it, then sit back and watch the arguments begin.
Tabitha

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:14 pm

Harley's = Takoon Skoop2

rolltide
Frequent Poster

Postby rolltide » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:16 am

Then SLINGSHOT is a Hummer !

-andre-
Medium Poster
Style: no school
Gear: GK V-SONIC
TRIX´08 12, 9

UG FLX 132

Postby -andre- » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:09 am

i think cars will be better to compare the kites!

why is takkon a harley??? harleys aren´t quick and srews come out every 100km! they are only pretty and cult! hope skoop2 are different.

@rolltide: i want to say the same about the fuels! other models are aporsche cheyenne becourse its a bit quicker or the lamborghini jeep will fit too!
car must be quick and strong :thumb:

greets andré

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:37 pm

Ill take a shot at it....... I have ridden Harleys, GIXERS, 600F4Is, Shadows, VTRs, SV650s, Bandits, 250 Rebels, 250 Ninjas, ST1100s, Concours, Hendersons, Buells, etc.

I have flown Mosquito 7m, Blades 4m and 2.6m, Naish ar5 15.5 and 11.5m, Cabrhina Black tip 12.2 and 17m, C02 20m, Slingshot 20, 18, 16 and 14. SS B5, Naish X2 16m, Wipica Airblast (16m?), freeair 8.9, Hydro 11m and 9m, Airush 7.4m, 16m, 15.5m Lift and lift Pro and Flysurfer Psycho 15.5.

I use a Hammer 169 TT or an Airush 151 picklefork. I have used other as well like the LW 181 and 169, the Wipica Mystery, Takoons, Orleys, etc.

Of the things and combos I have flown.....

Mosquito and B5 .........Harley....not a lot of power, needs constant adjustment

Blades/Airush 7.4........600F4I or SV650....small and powerfull, light and agile

Naish AR5s ..............big Shadows, Concours or ST1100s....plenty of power good reliability, not very fast

Cabrhina Blacktip........GIXERS (depending on size)or VTR1000......fast,lots of power, good for wheelies (jumps)

Cab. C02.................1200 Bandit...BIG and sort of fast for its size,lots of low end grunt

Slingshots................smaller size...600F4I...larger size...Bandit or Concours

Naish X2 16m.................VTR1000....plenty fast, lots of low end power

Airblasts................see AR5s

Freeair.................. what you rode to get to your first summer job.....not fast, not cool, but it got you there ...like an old kaw 350. It gets the job done.

Hydors....................see Slingshots

Airush 16m ...............a big, full dress Shadow....heavy, slow, always starts but you aint gonna get the front wheel off the ground without a lot of trouble. The 2001/02 kites have a small wind range.

Airush 7.4................600F4I or SV650 with a pipe and jet kit. This thing is fast and in the wind range its designed for has ample power. The jumps are high and fast. The landings can be hard. Its great in the surf if there is wind.

Airush 15.5 lift and Pro.......I only tried these out for a short time in light wind. My guess is that they could be compared to the VTR1000 with race mods or a 750 GXSR with a pipe and jet kit. Gobbs of power for the size. Crazy fast but reliable and stable.

Last but not least.....

Flysurfer Psycho..........The jury is still out on this one but it has really good points and really bad ones. .....Its got the power of the biggest, baddest but it is slow to get there. When it does come on its incredible. It can cruise in the lightest conditions but it doesnt like gusts at all. Its got some of the same characteristics as LEIs in flight up to a point. Then it turns into an alien from another world.The lines are more complicated to adjust or sort if they get tangled.Its not a beginners kite. I guess if I had to pick a bike.........one of those chevy V8 powered cruisers?

Any of this help?

Kitester

Return to “Kitesurfing”