Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Foil: MOVE !!!

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:14 am

It seems to me that all big companys have paragliding designers now... this shows to me that they for sure do R and D in foils as well

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:47 pm

When Can I get one and how much compared to other foils, any sizing numbers available? :thumb:

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:15 pm

speaking from a complete outside point of view ..considering what Naish have given the industry why is everyone always so keen to disrespect them?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:29 pm

a lot of people feel that the way that naish market the product is too agressive and they make claims that simply aren't true.

ie wipika hold the four line patent, so they invented it...not naish, like they claim...

same thing with the mutant, that was a doyle board befroe naish bought the rights to it. using robbies name as the brand name often feels like his hand is implicit in things it isn't... which is a good marketing ploy but also a shame.

no doubt they will be claiming to invent the water relaunchable depowerable foil next........ best of luck to them.

i'm sure they will bring some great stuff to the foil game.

and the ozone depower system is totally different in execution to the flysurfer system, the ozone system has no 'limit regulation' like the wac system.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:46 pm

good point ! I think it looks almost identical to my Flysurfer Warrior, an exellent kite for snowkiting!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:49 pm

I think Naish's approach is aimed at the dual purpose snow/water kite. There are a number of people out there who want to use a kite for both and can't afford the costs associated with a set of LEI's and foils.

I agree about the Naish marketing. Sometimes they have been way over the top, although the X3 seems a little toned down.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:20 am

sq225917 wrote:no doubt they will be claiming to invent the water relaunchable depowerable foil next........ best of luck to them.
so who did invent it then? Concept Air? Peter Lynn? Advance?

just curious, I dont think it was Flysurfer?

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby loeuftok » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:05 am

as far as I know, Fone made the first water relaunchable foil, followed by PL who introduced the first relaunchable foil with depower. Than came FS and Advance

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:18 pm

sq225917 wrote:a lot of people feel that the way that naish market the product is too agressive and they make claims that simply aren't true.

ie wipika hold the four line patent, so they invented it...not naish, like they claim...
squidman, when ranting get your facts straight! Naish doesn't claim to have invented the four line concept. They were the first to bring it to market, stick out their neck to test the water so to speak. To be a pioneer you need the idea and the smarts to realize its potential.
same thing with the mutant, that was a doyle board befroe naish bought the rights to it.
Absolutely not. Search the archives on the kitesurf yahoo group. Randy Naish came on there one day and cleared up some of those claims that Doyle has made. They've had mutants before Adam Koch knew how to kitesurf. Check out early Flash boards back when he was with RRD. Mutants minus the front fins (you don't need the front fins to ride it backwards). Naish never bought rights to Doyles shapes. They just made their own. The influences are many.
no doubt they will be claiming to invent the water relaunchable depowerable foil next........ best of luck to them.
Ring us back when they do. Maybe they'll blow a little PR smoke up our collective asses but if you think they'll flat out lie you're mistaken.

Why am I defending Naish? I hate their bozo PR as much as the next guy. But gosh the Naish bashers are worse.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:31 pm

Excuse my ignorance in this regard, but I was under the impression that a directional board ridden backwards is still a direction board. Its the fins on the front that make it mutant.

In this guys defence, naish do use some claims which are not valid, some indirectly through naming conventions like rocket pump thingy with the larger nozzle. They make it out to sound like break through technology (by using words like revolutionary) when people have been out with the technology for yonks (like cabrinha on the valves) They may not directly claim to be the inventors but the give the impression.

All that said, the do come up with some nifty technology on their own. The pump leash and line elastics on the bar are small but effective little comforts. Definitely make your life easier,

Return to “Kitesurfing”