All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: X2 16m
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:50 am 
Any reviews on X2 16m...?

Thanks...!!!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: It's good
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:36 pm 
Frequent Poster

I have been riding one for the end of last season and all of this season so far. I was using a 15.5 ARX so that is all I have to compare it to. The kites look great and turn as fast as a 12 meter kite. The only thing you will notice is that there is not a lot of low end grunt like the ARX had. Also the kite is a bit different to keep powered up. It will never feel like it is pulling hard but once you are used to it you will always have enough power. The kite turns so fast that your jumps will be higher and more controled than ever. I am curious to see how the X3's feel in terms of low end grunt. Being a big guy I need a bit more low end. I do like the fact that the X2 16 has such a huge wind range. While other kiters run in to pump up their 12's as the wind comes up I just keep on sailing. So bottom line. If you are looking for a kite with low end power I would get an Aero II or Rhino II, never tried just what I have heard. Or wait for the X3 and see what people say. :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:11 pm 
Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:34 am 
Rare Poster

I flew the X2 16 for 4 months strait when I lived in Australia. I had a x2 10 and 16 and that was I needed to kite almost all the time. I would agree with everything the guy said in the previos post. HUGE wind range but when it comes to low end power I would go with the North Rino11 or Slingshot Fuel. If I had to go with a 3 kite line up it would be Naish x2 10. Naish x2 14 and a North RinoII 18.

Post subject: x2 options
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:40 am 
I have flown an x2 16 and they are really gutless- you get more power out of a 14 fuel. They are also really hard to relaunch. One guy who lived in our area got his kite x216 nicknamed the water snake as it always twisted up and he would swim it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:41 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Two of my mates have 16m X2's and they love 'em. I've seen Massimo staying even in 7 knots on his 147 x 44 and going upwind and jumping in more obviously, he weighs about 70 kgs. The kite turns really fast and they say they're more technical to fly than what they were using last year, 11.8 airblast and 16m Rhino, apparently you have to let them fly more. I've seen them take 'em comfortably up to about 16-18 on boards around 34 cm wide.

A few people around here seem to go one size bigger on X2's than on other more grunty kits. For example people weighing around 80kgs would have 16-12 Fuel/Rhino or 18-14 X2

Post subject: Re: x2 options
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:52 pm 
aus wrote:
I have flown an x2 16 and they are really gutless- you get more power out of a 14 fuel. They are also really hard to relaunch. One guy who lived in our area got his kite x216 nicknamed the water snake as it always twisted up and he would swim it in.

maybe you don´t fit in the advanced category?
If you know how to fly the kite, you´d almost never crash it right?

the x2 is NOt for beginners...

that said, I also think that it could have some more bottom end.

[ 7 posts ]