Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

17 m lines

forum for kitesurfers

nati
Medium Poster

Postby nati » Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:59 am

i was surffing yesterday my 16.4 ab with 17m lines ,the wind was not stable and i have to get more time surffing this way before i report my view, but meanwhile i have to say i didnt diagnosis any variation in the kite structure neither the way the kite flys, the only thing i did notice is that the kite become very very fast ,and tht the wind 30m above the water much stronger then the wind 15 m above them ,so for the time been i didnt fined it agood way to surf but i have to try it more times ,maybe with diffrent atmospheric conditions and diffrent wind the wind in the shallow layers will be better.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:14 am

ok, keep us informed about your results.
But also try lines of 20, 23 and 25m to find the best combination of power and handling.

Toby

Freerider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Freerider » Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:56 pm

I currently use 27 meter and 20 meter lines on my new 8.4 airblast and in strong winds works great!

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:28 pm

hi,

I used once 15 m lines on my 13.5 arx. The kite was superfast. and I think there was about 23 knots. I wasn't overpowered but it wasn't so much fun. maybe I have to learn more whith short lines ( almoust windsurfing). But it is a solution I think to increase the windrange of your kite

Return to “Kitesurfing”