Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

pick up board?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

pick up board?

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:40 pm

How do you pick up a buddy's board and ride upwind with it? I can ride toe side but had problems going upwind and tacking with a board in one hand. thanks, J

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:56 pm

Why ?

With a lost board, the kiter is always downwind of the board !

I am just curious, as I have never heard about anyone who needed to go upwind with a lost board.

But anyway - why ride toeside ?

Just pick the board up in one hand, hook into the fixed loop, and then go upwind normally by doing only two tacks.
Just switch the board from one hand to the other, and then jibe slowly.
OR - keep the board in the same hand, as it does not matter which hand you have on the bar, when using the fixed loop - it is easy to kite this way.

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:18 am

Yeah, I had troubles with that for some reason. I don't use a fixed loop and that maybe my problem as if I don't pull in I'm underpowered and was having problems setting the kite. My friend who is a beginner lost his board and left it to float away needed me to go get it. I can pick it up going by toeside and keep going but not enough power to ride up wind. Maybe just not much wind and lack of fixed loop. thanks, J

Return to “Kitesurfing”