murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

calling 'the russian' / x10 flyers

Postby murdoc » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:27 pm

hi there,

i had a few runs on the x10 now, and my impressions can be described in one word: powerful.

i'd like to share some info/experiences on that one.

1. jumping:
so far, i had the best results going fast, kite high and then swing it rather far back, as hard as possible.
do you do it a different way?
i get some good height and always really floaty jumps with very soft landings. but i want higher ;)

2. gusts.
on a normal kite, a gust hits me, pulls me a bit straight, then i slide out the rear half of the board and edge hard to force the kite further out of the window, works fine.
but this kite seems too fast for me - every gust is directly converted into mean, vicious power.
is there some flying trick to get hold of gustier conditions (else than using another kite)?

3. low end / top end
i could get going in really light winds, where x3 16 was just about enough to go upwind and do small jumps - as soon as i picked up speed i could ride really well and jump about the same height, pointing upwind higher. so far so good.
but the top end is rather hard to define for me.
today, i was really powered up, it somehow felt that much more is possible, i don't know how windy it was, but after the x10 i took out an x3 12 and was fairly powered up as well (nearly maxed out).

so what zre your impressions?

Return to “Kitesurfing”