crazy....

Forum for kitesurfers
Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Blow Me » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:19 am

good way to end up with a darwin award.

Can somebody please post a link to that video with (is it Neil) who was Manlifted to Extraordinary Heights, when all of a sudden he is dropped from way Higher then that.

The paramedics on the scene say he is lucky where he landed, other wise he would have been severly injured, or dead.

Go Parasailing if this blows your hair back.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:21 pm

Yeah, but can anyone confirm that this is truly a manlifting photo? I dont see a line.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:36 pm

Anonymous wrote:Yeah, but can anyone confirm that this is truly a manlifting photo? I dont see a line.
I took the picture and it was a towed ascent with a waverunner with the kiter holding a short ski tow rope and has just let go before this photo was taken. "Man-lifting" as I understand the term is when a person is taken aloft by a kite while tethered to an anchor by a rope. Both towed ascent and manlifting have resulted in nasty injuries.

In man-lifting, the kite rises and falls in gusts and lulls. The kite can stall in a lull and plumet out of control or "locks out" in a gust and power dives out of control. Either way if you hit ground, you are likely to slam in HARD. Man-lifting has killed and seriously injured LOTs of people through history. Ignore history and common sense and take what comes if you choose. Just don't fall on or clothesline anyone on the way down.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:10 pm

I just don't get it, its totally stupid. Its just the same thing as Parasailing (which is ok, kinda boring if you ask me, nice view though), so its the same thing, but its with equipment that isn't made/designed for it! Its totally lame! Do it with Equipment that is MADE FOR IT! Save Yo A$$!

GO PARASAILING!

(Rick, you must have been bursting at the seems watching this?)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:21 pm

Lame args form grey hairs. Go Largish!

-
RickI wrote:More about the nuts, bolts and motivations of this at:

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8478

Pray for wind so that you won't be compelled to contemplate diversions like this!

Return to “Kitesurfing”