Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Geek post: Was slow loading, now fast >> MSXML???

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Geek post: Was slow loading, now fast >> MSXML???

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:34 pm

Before today, Kiteforum would take ~60seconds to load (modem). Now it takes aroung 10s.

I'm learning XML and just updated my MSXML setting using this site
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/index.xml?/x ... lmsxml.xml

The check button said "you are running V3 of MSXML2 in "Side-by-Side" mode" (I use IE5.0 ) ...so I clicked the replace button and downloaded and ran the .exe file.

Do any of you IT brains know if this is the reason that this site loads faster for me? I notice that it uses a DTD reference - not sure why unless it is a requirement of phpBB formatting.

Maybe some others can benefit :thumb:
Cheers

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:02 pm

Seriously dude... just be happy it is loading fast and concentrate on the kiting!

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:30 pm

oh... the !DOCTYPE decleration is for frames in XHTML... so the MSXML version is relevant - needs to be current. Not sure why (MSXML2 ?).

If anyone is having trouble with speed and your browser is IE5.0 or earlier (haven't tried Netscape) you might try the link above. It's quick and easy. Another alternative would be to download the latest browser version.

Now... Seriously dude, how can I kite when it's night and I've got to study. If you haven't experienced the Kiteforum 60 second siesta you won't care how fast it loads. If you have, and still do, then this may be a solution for you. It worked for me.

Return to “Kitesurfing”