Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri May 09, 2003 11:23 am

Yep, definately looks a lot more violent in stronger wind

Shamikaze
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Shamikaze » Fri May 09, 2003 11:31 am

trust me, the horizontal accelleration you see happening to the guy oif for real... and very violent if you are not either flying or be stable on your board again...

don't even think about trying it to close to the beach with on-shore winds, you might end up on the parking lot 200 mtrs down the line ;-)

GReetz & big balls if you are to try it ;-)

S.

PS : check medical insurance before trying it ...

balaton
Medium Poster

looping experience

Postby balaton » Fri May 09, 2003 6:50 pm

The only thing I can tell is do not start practising in high winds, because that is exactly what I did and I am happy that I have a video about that, because during the jump I didn't have a clue what is going on with me, only that some unknown force grabs me and throws me downwind at an unbeliavable speed. limping for 3 days after to my left foot, and according the others on the beach I am pretty lucky to get away with that...
Have fun guys!
Pedro

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri May 09, 2003 7:45 pm

yeah, try it underpowered, so you'll know how fast your kite turns and how far it'll drop into the window.
Looping the kite in a slow loop in strong wind is probably worse than letting it drop through the centre of the window, more like the start of a death spiral

Return to “Kitesurfing”