Flyboy II
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Psycho 12.5 Rigging question

Postby Flyboy II » Fri May 09, 2003 8:31 pm

Hi -

I snapped the knots (plus perhaps an unknown amount of line) off my Psycho 12.5 last weekend and I need a quick answer to go out this weekend. The lines that broke are the green and red lines that attach to the fixed eye of the pulleys up near the bridal. It looks like they are about 12 cm long, end in a knot on the other end, and another pair of green and red lines are lark's headed to them. Mine broke right at the end of the sleeving at the pulley end and I can't tell how long they were. Anyone?

Also, did I hear someone mention that the new trimstraps have a metal buckle instead of plastic and they work better?

Thanks,

Scott Trepod
Kalmazoo, MI

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri May 09, 2003 10:20 pm

the pulley extension lines are the same on all psycho's email armin for a definitive answer

armin@flysurfer.de

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat May 10, 2003 12:18 am

well, the flysurfer diagram indicates on http://www.flysurfer.de . Yes, the new trim strap has a metal triangle and works MUCH better. Contact Ted Bautista at http://www.flysurfer-usa.com, he will help you out with everything he can, he is a great guy.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Sat May 10, 2003 1:32 am

are you refering to the metal 'mallion rapide' TRIANGULAR CARIBINER, that goes under the trim strap and allows you to pull to power up as well as depower or is this something else new, as this has been standard on production kites for over several months..

Flyboy II
Medium Poster

Postby Flyboy II » Sat May 10, 2003 3:02 am

Well, I started with dealers and manufacturers, I think their all out sailing.

I've emailed Ted, I've emailed flysurfer.de, I just thought someone could check their own kite. The line in question is the one that is looped through the fixed end of the Ronson pulley. 4"? 12"? I don't know.

On the trim strap issue, I have a Fastec - style plastic buckle that actually does the holding of the trim strap length; and I have to pull up and away from me on the short strap to let the trim strap out. Is this old or new or the same?

I bought flysurfer.de because I thought the service was fantastic from the sound of it, but my dealers aren't quite as responsive (like I said, maybe Ted is on the road).

Scott (Its's Friday night, I want to sail tomorrow) Trepod

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Sat May 10, 2003 3:10 am

sounds like a stock psycho.....I'm guessing it is 6cm long. I have
psycho 12 and titan 9. The blue and yellow pulleys might need an
upgrade as well.
Frank

Flyboy II
Medium Poster

Postby Flyboy II » Sun May 11, 2003 12:19 am

Thanks Nukin!

Great, I'll rig up two sleeved lengths at 6 cm and try tomorrow.

Hey Ted, I have to mail you a picture of my rear dump flap inflation machine for preinflating the psycho when there is an offshore breeze (our park is heavily treed, and the wind never penetrates at ground level.

Simon, what does my trim strap description up a couple posts sound like?

The midwest area of the US is supposed to see winds of 40 mph with the possibility of gusts to 60 mph tonight and tomorrow. Now let's see, what does the kite size chart recommend?...

Scott

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Sun May 11, 2003 8:58 pm

thats the old trim strap, you can fix that old one up though.

where the webbing passes over the top of the buckle and then back under the buckle is where flysurfer have mod'ed the strap, by inserting a very small radius steel triangular caribiner behind the webbing.

all you need to do is get some 4mm poly tube cut a 1.8cm length off, slide a bit of 3mm rope through it and feed it behind the webbing at the point it comes over the front of the the buckle and then tie it off in a knot, and just grab the knot and pull down. this lets the webbing slip through when you want it to, making it easier to use, and the poly tube stops it from wearing. then just cut the old yellow tag off the plastic buckle, or better tie it onto the rope.

piece of piss.

Return to “Kitesurfing”