REVERSE LAUNCH BRIDLE

forum for kitesurfers

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

REVERSE LAUNCH BRIDLE

Postby Guam Bomb » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:54 am

ANYONE HAVE A DETAIL PIC. OF THE WIPIKA REVERSE BRIDLE OR NAISH POWER BOOSTER. :D DAVE

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Re: REVERSE LAUNCH BRIDLE

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:17 pm

DAVE S.A. wrote:ANYONE HAVE A DETAIL PIC. OF THE WIPIKA REVERSE BRIDLE OR NAISH POWER BOOSTER. :D DAVE
There is a rumor that Wipika has an upgraded Recon.
Instead of the lines going through the hollow wingtip battens they go through the leading edge what I heard second hand.

If anyone has more info on it please let us know.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:36 pm

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:05 am

Thank you Johnny,
Pray for the wind it's been 4 to 6 mph for couple weeks now here.
Bela

Dr. Evil
Medium Poster

Postby Dr. Evil » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:28 am

Wipika is working on a 5 line system http://forum.ikiteboarding.com/ShowPost ... ostID=1318
Testing the new 5 line system with a 20 square meter kite:

The lines attach to the middle of the leading edge. The effect is like carrying the kite by hand - almost complete depower.

Testing some Wipika kites in the rain. The first weekend I arrived in Cape Town it was raining, but I had to test some kites. The white and red kite is the new Wipika Prototype - it sits comfortably between the Amp and the Hydro.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:48 am

Johnny TBKS wrote:http://floridakitesurfing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91

Live to ride another day....
Johnny
Hi Johnny

Based on your quote above (live to ride another day!) Maybe you could/should include a warning that the bridle can break without warning, leaving the rider with an out of control kite.?
Also a warning to thoroughly clear the bridles before launch as they have a tendency to tangle when the wind is strong enough to blow them around as it usually is when flying 12.0M or bigger kites?
This causes the kite to fly rapidly across the power zone, and has injured a lot of riders.

A fifth line is a better option if the kite is a hassle to re-launch.
A pulley bar is a better option, if the person want a tighter, lighter turning kite.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:24 am

Hey
I pretty much agree with you Steve as to better options. However, I was not 'pushing' this system, I was not 'endorsing' this system, nor was I 'advising' anyone on this system. I was simply providing people with the information that they asked for.

Luckily, we have guys like you around to "advise" people when needed, thus making for a better rounded forum of information.

:thumb:
Johnny

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:05 am

Johnny TBKS wrote:Hey
I pretty much agree with you Steve as to better options. However, I was not 'pushing' this system, I was not 'endorsing' this system, nor was I 'advising' anyone on this system. I was simply providing people with the information that they asked for.

Luckily, we have guys like you around to "advise" people when needed, thus making for a better rounded forum of information.

:thumb:
Johnny
Hi Johhny
I didn't mean to imply anything negative mate, really. You also responded quickly, with the correct info, something you can be relied on for!
I only posted my response as a general warning, as the original enquiry came from someone who sounded relatively inexperienced.
I meant no offense to anyone, I just think reverse launch bridles suck.
:bye:

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:10 pm

Steve,
Brother, fellow rider, dude.....
I think you maybe took something from my post that wasn't really meant to be in there. I was in NO way taking any jabs at you either. I re-read it all, and I guess from your side it COULD seem like I was being a bit quick to reply with a certain amount of cockiness, but, yer gonna have to trust me when I tell ya it wasn't meant to be. If I have something to say to you, I will call you out, by name(see thread on 2004 SS ;) ), and say what's on my mind. My straight forward approach has actually costed me a few friends/acquaintances in the past and has earned me respect by others who can respect those traits. Communication is good, and miscommunications are bad. Doing my part to help smooth out this miscommunication.
You also responded quickly, with the correct info, something you can be relied on for!
...and thanks for the props here too bro. Glad someone notices these small things. :lol: BUT, Like I said when ya thought I was responding negatively....it takes all of us to make the forum a well rounded source of information. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

handshake?

PEA'S OUT!

Return to “Kitesurfing”