Postby FLYMAN » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:13 pm

THANKS FOR SHARING, IGOR!! :thumb:

Buzzy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

doesn't work for me

Postby Buzzy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:15 pm

what player should I use...no player I have plays them...

kitesurfing freak
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfing freak » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:36 pm

download the latest divX codec. http://www.divx.com

Andy

KiteSmurfer
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteSmurfer » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:32 pm

I've only seen one video of anyone looping thier kite forwards. Do people only ever do backloops, unless thier balls are made of some rare unknown substance???

If anyone finds out what this substance is i'm sure slingsnot will be making boards out of it next year.............

Shamikaze
Medium Poster

Postby Shamikaze » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:42 pm

I tried some kite-loops in light-wind (8 - 10knts) and I landed them from the first try... (Kite = wipika AMP 11.9 on 28 mtr lines, 50 cm bar)

The trick is to do a backloop the wrong way. (ie, keep pulling you back-hand instead of sending you kite back forward)

Look out for a small chop/wave, start steering your kite backwards ,pop upwards when you kite reaches 12, throw your head around to spin the backloop and keep pulling hard with your backhand. When you almost completed your loop, bull in on the back-leg, stretch the front-leg to land straight down-wind and carve upwind immediately after touch-down. This depending off course on your board-speed at the mo', your not gona be able to edge at high speeds, you'll just be pulled off...

Haven't tried them yet in stronger winds though, 'cause a bit afraid that it 'll hurt like hel when things aren't going as planned ....

Hope some guys find this usefull. DEFINITLY learn your kiteloops first @ beach, then at lower wind-speeds before even thinking about trying them in higher winds... You will be amazed by the amount of pull of your kite at these low-wind-speeds....

GReetz, Play Safe and good-luck [you'll need it ;-) ]

S.

Return to “Kitesurfing”