Forum for kitesurfers
kitester
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dimitri Maramendies, the Outter Banks trip thanks to all

Postby kitester » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:15 am

This weekend was too much fun. 8 of us had a great time in the sound at Hatteras and Avon. The wind was great from about 2pm on each day. There seems to be a kite shop every ten miles and all the people were great to talk to with lots of good advice on where to fly. The best wind was on Monday when we went to Kitty Hawk Kites launch site and rode with Dimitri Maramendies. Man were his tricks COOL! And he is a real nice guy too. He even took the time to bring my board back to me when I stuffed one of my puney little back loops. The day before we did a down wind run to Jocky's Ridge and rode for hours at the take out point there. Many thanks to Dale who will be flying with us more in FL. as time goes by. Linda says thanks too. She would never have been able to get back to her board. Thanks to the guys at Real and Windsurfing Hatteras as well as our hosts Mary and Arthor. To anyone who has not been there....its a great trip!

PLB

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:26 pm

Dimitri is an excellent rider to be sure. Here he is throwing off some nice moves at VG '03 ...

One of the components of this sequence was also caught by a local newspaper photographer and ended up in the paper.

Dimitri trying to runaway from from the watchful eye of Big Brother, actually Kevin Collins' homebrew helmet cam setup ...

Looking for more great stuff on and over the water from Dimitri!

Return to “Kitesurfing”