francky
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Meet u in auckland

Postby francky » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:57 pm

Hello
I will be in Auckland in one week ..
I bring my gear one board and 2 kite 12 and 14 . Is it ok ?
Bragnoof tu es dans le coin ?
Will be please to meet any of u guys from the forum who would be kind to show their spot to a pore lonesome bora bora kitesurfer ;-))

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:13 pm

Hey Franky where r u now? I got banned from the NZ kiteforum so i'll speak to u from this forum. Still struggling with infection, injury etc but i think i can put my tired old carcass through another round of kiting.

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Alkita boards
Zeeko foil
GK Trix
Enduro9
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast

Re: Meet u in auckland

Postby bragnouff » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:50 am

francky wrote: Bragnoof tu es dans le coin ?
Hi Francky,
I'm still in New Zealand, but in the bright side of the summer wind,... Christchurch
Don't know if you can go down there,but you'd be welcome. Otherwise I have a few mates in Auckland, even some french speaking ones. Drop me a line on my mailbox and I'll give you their contacts.

Hey, Blown away, hope your shoulder is becoming fine, and your ban will cease one day...

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:15 am

This forum's much better dude. Kiwi's can't handle the truth... they whinge about everything, but the guys out my way (east ak) are totally different... laid back, just keen on kiting, I was reading the thread about the "hub of OZ kiting" read that kitepower was describing 2 different groups of kiters (northside and southside). It's like that here in AK too. but the southside has the better conditions during the summer thermals (Manukau Harbour, Tamaki Estuary etc), less kiters... and better behaved kiters, no egos, no bullshit. The northside guys (Orewa, Shakers, muriwai, Mission Bay, Shoal Bay, Pt Chev etc) are pretty good but have big egos to match so i'm staying away, no more crowded beaches crap, had enough of it... ya can't move at shakers if it's pumpin 25+ in mid winter. Similiar conditions during the summer make it virtually unuseable there.... 30+ guys who can all boost huge in one reasonably small beach is no fun... no room... can't trick... not good when pumpin.

So if you come to Auckland the biggest crews are up north or in city. If you wanna hang out with showboys than city or northside is the place to be.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Meet u in auckland

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:51 am

bragnouff wrote: Hey, Blown away, hope your shoulder is becoming fine, and your ban will cease one day...
Yep shoulder's good now... been kiting a few times since but yeah a change of pace now. i kite on my dayz off work.. like today... howz it in Chch? You been to the poo pond yet?

As for the ban... I don't care when it ceases... never gonna go back there again, don't want to. Infact if it weren't by my awesome kitemates that live out east where i do.... I'd have moved to OZ or England by now.. or stopped kiting, cos the kiters in this city really have an attitude problem. Anyway at 4pm I'm meetin some of my awesome Eastside mates at a really kickass kiting spot and hopefully the wind will meet us there as well....

c ya Brag

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:19 pm

Hey I'll be back in NZ in March, unfortunately I won't have a kite for the light wind conditions in Auckland at that time of year..

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:26 pm

March????? You mean in 2 months time???? Shite and miss out on a great Scottish summer... are U bonkers??!!

That bloody toe of mine is festering bad... nice hot and dirty Estuary water plus booties equals pain city.... ah well just had to get that 25 knots in the estuary didn't I?

francky
Medium Poster

Postby francky » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:34 pm

Hello
Blown away
Actually i'm still at home in bora bora will take the plane to NZ next week
It will be fine to see u there i will stay in takapuna .Can u give me a contact by private message ?
Bragnoof :
Dommage je suis sur Auckland pour le boulot je pourrais pas bouger Mon mail marche plus ... Fait moi un message prive sur kiteforum stp les conditions en ce moment ?? les spots sur auckland ?
Thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”