tell me more about BOMBA pls.

forum for kitesurfers

maddy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

tell me more about BOMBA pls.

Postby maddy » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:22 am

I asked for infos on new Peter Lynn Bomba's 13 and 17. I see that many read about but nobody knows except for Big Kahuna who is part in it but also very kind and friendly (ciao Big). I understand that it's a rare :bye: :bye: new product but I still insist as I am curious to compare when I will get the kites. I will leave in a week and I will give you a full INTERMEDIATE USER test report of :bye: these wings in september. :bye:

doofus
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone, ASP, Moses

Postby doofus » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:42 am

have you tried asking on the yahoo group arcusers or on http://www.foilzone.com?

they seem to be getting good reviews over there

I flew an early one and liked it, flies like a more well behaved version of the original arc

good relaunch and turns nice, no flat spots in the turn

:bye:
doof

GregW
Frequent Poster

Postby GregW » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:43 pm

BigKahuna
Frequent Poster

Re: tell me more about BOMBA pls.

Postby BigKahuna » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:40 pm

maddy wrote:I asked for infos on new Peter Lynn Bomba's 13 and 17. I see that many read about but nobody knows except for Big Kahuna who is part in it but also very kind and friendly (ciao Big). I understand that it's a rare :bye: :bye: new product but I still insist as I am curious to compare when I will get the kites. I will leave in a week and I will give you a full INTERMEDIATE USER test report of :bye: these wings in september. :bye:
Thanks for the compliment Maddy :thumb:

Yeah, the best place to ask is the Arcusers Group (theres a link on our webpage). Search around and you should find reviews by Lach and Traig (also Peter Lynn dealers, but still pretty honest).

There's also a couple of threads on the "Kite Fantastic" forum ( http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=19 ) including some feedback on the B17.

Hope you get a chance to try one!

Paul

maddy
Very Frequent Poster

oh I will indeed

Postby maddy » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm

as I told you it's just talkin' meanwhile I am waiting for the kites to be delivered.. It's mainly curiosity and having some more opinions on these tools. I like to compare test feelings and may be get some advice for proper trimming and use. As I told you I had very good feelings with the G15 but I used only few times at the end of 2003 season. In winter I do not love kiting and now I am waiting for the new stuff and then move to south of italy for a long kite and food session (like 5 weeks). Thank's for help .. ciao e buon vento !

MonkeyAir
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MonkeyAir » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:34 am

Hi Maddy.
The bombas are great all around kites. I like to use them on 20 and 25 meter lines to get the most turning out of them. Granted you loose a bit of power with the shorter lines but the kites can be worked so well that it is not a huge loss. Great relaunch, pop, speed through turn and excellent hang when you figure out how to keep the smaller ones over your head. The larger ones are a no brainer to jump. Super user friendly kite. We teach our students on them and have a blast with them in the surf. Typical arc stability with fantastic relaunch if you do screw up while goofing around.
All the best. Traig

MonkeyAir
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MonkeyAir » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:44 pm

Hi Maddy.
Just got the prvate e. Yeah should make it clear. "No brainer" means that they are super easy to jump in the large sizes as they just sit over your head and you basically pariglide. Super float. I like the 25's for a general, all around set of lines with a set of 20's for the good stuff to make them move. Use the 60 cm bar on forward rears. The 10.5 is the kite of the range in my mind....Small kites are always that way though..They are all fun.
Hope that clears it up Maddy.
Traig
MonkeyAir.com

maddy
Very Frequent Poster

ok now is more clear (to me)

Postby maddy » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:45 pm

I'm makin'myself a better idea of what these kites should be like.. I will check with original lines (27m. I think) and see how I feel like. In August I am going to kite in a very stable wind conditions spot, no waves, flat water. Mainly 8/12 knts sometimes 20/25. I will have a B13 and a B17 with me and it sounds I am in target. I am not yet jumpin'. When I will get back in september on the lakes (north of Italy) I will find gutsy and choppy 8/22 knts. situation. I think that in guts, lines are better a bit longer: are them? Ok for my level is just bull shit but ... I like to understand what I am doing and what I am using (as mama told me)

Return to “Kitesurfing”