Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

CLAUDIO fighting hard to recovery ... and looking GOOD!

forum for kitesurfers

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

CLAUDIO fighting hard to recovery ... and looking GOOD!

Postby RickI » Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 pm

Karen of Ozone Travel and Ariel recently had a double header Birthday Party and Claudio catered the music as DJ. I had a chance to speak with Claudio and was impressed with his upbeat attitude and progress since his kiteboarding accident.

Claudio and his good friend Oliver, at the controls ...

The Birthday Girls get down with Ariel on the left and Karen on the right.

Continued with lots of photos and links to Claudio's Projects and ongoing work as he recovers at ...

CLICK HERE FOR FULL SIZED IMAGES

CLICK HERE FOR THUMBNAIL IMAGES

Dealing with physical therapy, pain, medication and the sudden dawning of paralysis in your lower legs would shake anyone's world, in some cases to shambles and depression. Not in Claudio's case however. He told me "It is never easy to go through this situation but I have very litte option other than fighting hard on the way to recovery." Well, believe it! He is continuing to heal and we are all looking forward to the day when he stands up and walks away from the wheel chair forever!!!

As hard as working to recover, therapy and the rest may be, Claudio isn't taking things lying down but is working hard at other pursuits including an informational website for people recovering from injuries, a Music compilation site, a great new kiteboarding DVD and online teaser, image galleries and DJ work. Well I'm impressed. It can't be easy, far from it ... but it sure is good!

I just heard from Claudio's good friend Luco, that Claudio may come down to Kite4Girls event this Saturday if he feels up to it. It is a LOT to undertake such a thing at this time, even more to possobly DJ a big event. Still, fingers crossed, it would be wonderful to see him at the event, if only for a short time!

Return to “Kitesurfing”