Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

When will we see Crossbow and Nova in Competition?

forum for kitesurfers

lumera
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

When will we see Crossbow and Nova in Competition?

Postby lumera » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:03 pm

When this will happen with success, than the conventional LEIKites will be old school. 8)

maartenvg
Medium Poster

Postby maartenvg » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:23 pm

I just saw a vid on a Dutch kiteforum of a comp in Brasil (Brazilian championships, if I'm not mistaken), and the first shot of the vid was the crossbow, so there you go.

M

mocolombo
Frequent Poster

Postby mocolombo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:29 pm

The Crossbow was not in competition. It was just for test drive...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:26 pm

maybe in Brazil??

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:54 pm

Personally, I doubt we see either in competition. That is not to say they are not good kites, I just don't think they are going to be good freestyle kites.

I could be wrong though...

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:35 pm

Dax wrote:Personally, I doubt we see either in competition. That is not to say they are not good kites, I just don't think they are going to be good freestyle kites.
Well... we tolerate women basketball and special olympics... let's have a special category for bridle LEI and foils.

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:43 pm

vietkiter wrote:
Dax wrote:Personally, I doubt we see either in competition. That is not to say they are not good kites, I just don't think they are going to be good freestyle kites.
Well... we tolerate women basketball and special olympics... let's have a special category for bridle LEI and foils.
great idee, we tolerate also vietkiter and best reps on http://www.kiteforum.com ... but let's have a special forum for it ... :wink:

KiteKarl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteKarl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:44 am

Tried the bow yet Viet?

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:11 am

KiteKarl wrote:Tried the bow yet Viet?
Not yet.

But since you asked... so are you getting rid of your other kites. If xbow is superior, why is Cab making C kites on 5th line? Love to hear your thoughts.

PS... what's wrong with your cat?

KiteKarl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteKarl » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:22 am

vietkiter wrote:
KiteKarl wrote:Tried the bow yet Viet?
Not yet.

But since you asked... so are you getting rid of your other kites. If xbow is superior, why is Cab making C kites on 5th line? Love to hear your thoughts.

PS... what's wrong with your cat?
Let's go backwards and start with the cat. My cat was horny, very horny. He spread his seed with the zeal of Gumball at a carshow. I had to get him fixed but needed the money for a new kite. I decided to cut corners and take him to a vet in Mexico who said he'd do the job for a bottle of Tequila. Unfortunately, El Diablo, doctor of dongle destruction consumed the payment before the work. As you can see from the pic, El got a little sloppy with his machete. Either that or when his American assistant asked him to bend the leg, he thought she said Jenny Craig and did the wrong operation. Well I digress. My cat is very smart and knew I loved my kites more than I loved his libido. He proceeded to piss on all my 5 Bests so now I must replace them all. Since I'm as lazy as my fatass, no balls havin cat, I don't want to keep on pumping up 3 kites per day. Now Pete's no idiot and neither is Gumball but we'll get to that later. Pete can see that there's a considerable market for conventionally shaped kites with 5th lines. You're a smart guy who knows a bit about the marketing machine so I'm sure you can understand his need to diversify his product line and offer different kites and different price points. He'd be eliminating a huge market share by just producing xbows at this point. Maybe in the future it will make sense to do so. Back to Gumball and Best. Although I think Alex jumped the gun on the Hellfish I think that Best makes good dacron kites, (and a variety of them). They just don't have the range of the xbow and here in the Gorge, range is good. I wish Best the best of luck and appreciate what they have done for kiting but right now and I believe nowhere in the near future, will they have a kite that has evolved as much as the bow. After the HF, I'm not gonna hold my breath for the 06 Nemi. Get out there and try some different kites/boards. It'll make you a much better kiter and we'd love to hear your opinions. Peace, Karl. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”