6 month wait for a 9m Best Waroo???

forum for kitesurfers

nibor
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

6 month wait for a 9m Best Waroo???

Postby nibor » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:50 am

I just contacted my dealer (All Surf Industry) in Portland Oregon about my Waroo's that I put a deposit on and ordered back in December 9th of '05. I purchased from them rather than direct in order to support the "local shop." They confirmed that they placed the order and are quoting me May for the 9m and 14m Waroo plus bar.

Based on the comments on the forums it looks like I will have to wait on the 14m but why so long on the 9m Waroos? I sold my Yarga's over the winter and am currently kiteless!!

Is it really 6 months lead time for a 9m Waroo? Is Best prioritizing shipments for direct orders and/or top dealers? Do they hold shipments until orders can filled complete?

With multiple slips in schedule, I am afraid that I might be kiteless all season!

Desperate!! Anybody else in the same situation? Suggestions?

thanks,

robin

reinis
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Brand Affiliation: CF, TK, OR, FS, o`neill

Postby reinis » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:53 am

best has unmatched cusomer service :thumb:

gumball
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gumball » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:02 am

Mate, it all depends on when your dealer placed his order. We doubled our capacity in February and going forward we're trying to get even more capacity, but we're still selling faster than we can make them.

All orders go out in the order they were received, so it's on the dealer as it sounds like he waited to get his order in until march or so.

I don't even have a waroo... I tried to get one yesterday, but the 3 we have as demos were taken by Shannon, Ian & Jeff...

nibor
Rare Poster

Postby nibor » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:29 am

So are you saying that if my dealer actually placed the order when they said that they did (Dec-05) I would have my 9m in my hands right now?

robin

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 6 month wait for a 9m Best Waroo???

Postby MissionMan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:07 am

nibor wrote: Is it really 6 months lead time for a 9m Waroo?
If it is I honestly wouldn't bother. You could get 6 months worth of riding on a sonic or another brand and if you had to start waiting now, no doubt there will be far better kites on the market in a couple of months if you follow the basic principle of kites getting better and evolving. The crossbow 2 is due, shockwave 2 is due, the sonic 2 as well.

Then of course there is also the probably answer that 6 months is really hype. The 6 month wait probably occured because people placed orders 4 months before the kites were even released so they had to wait 4 months for the kite to get released and 2 months for the kite to get to their dealer etc.

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:29 am

Sounds like the dealer arranged it so that they would send both of your kites out on the same shipment?

9's are available to people who haven't ordered yet in a shop here in Belgium, so I think its a problem with your dealer

erikthekite
Rare Poster

Postby erikthekite » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:47 am

...last november best "invited" all european best-dealer for a meeting in tarifa. in this week the dealers could test and place order for the yarga/yarga pro. that time there was NO WORD about a bow-kite from best. ok. so the dealers placed big orders of the yarga. in the end of january/beginning february 06 they got informed that there will a bow-kite from best. so they got the first opportnuity to order the bow-kite in february - but no of them have seen or tested the waroos at the time ordering them. anyway, as i know from many dealers is that they ordered a lot of waroos then and now they got only very few waroos - in small sizes and not one yarga!and like everytime - the stupid one is not best, no, its the dealer or even better the customer!

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:39 pm

Actually this does show the advantages and disadvantages of hyping a product early. If you notice, Cabrinha hasn't said anything of the new Contra, although it's probably all ready to be released on the market. I gather they are just trying to ensure that they have more than adequate supply of kites in all sizes for the world market so that they have some sort of chance of keeping up with worldwide demand.

Anyway if you have to wait 6 months, which does sound a bit strange, you might as well check out other options coming out soon from other manufacturers, which will be benefiting in being a newer design.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

RE: Learning to shop

Postby Jbrook » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:28 pm

I tihnk different companies just have completely different ways of selling their product. Some are mellow and soul and other have to prehype their product so much by the time it rolls around into the stores it is almost last years generarion of kite. But to tewl you the truth it is also the consumers fault for jumping on this bandwagon, I would not order a kite or put a deposit down on one I did not have a firm delivery date on. People on this forum just like to sit around and complain when it is really thier fault for letting themselves get jerked around by a company that operates differently than most. If they dont have it in stock and do not have a delivery date buy something else people!!

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 6 month wait for a 9m Best Waroo???

Postby kitesurf66 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:17 pm

nibor wrote:I just contacted my dealer (All Surf Industry) in Portland Oregon about my Waroo's that I put a deposit on and ordered back in December 9th of '05. I purchased from them rather than direct in order to support the "local shop." They confirmed that they placed the order and are quoting me May for the 9m and 14m Waroo plus bar.

Based on the comments on the forums it looks like I will have to wait on the 14m but why so long on the 9m Waroos? I sold my Yarga's over the winter and am currently kiteless!!

Is it really 6 months lead time for a 9m Waroo? Is Best prioritizing shipments for direct orders and/or top dealers? Do they hold shipments until orders can filled complete?

With multiple slips in schedule, I am afraid that I might be kiteless all season!

Desperate!! Anybody else in the same situation? Suggestions?

thanks,

robin
Robin,

There are a few new bows available. Why would you get hung up on this kite? I am sure that you can get one of the new Flexifoil Ion, Ocean Rodeo One, or Caution Answer and be equally happy or happier (my guess is the latter one if you have to wait that long for the other kite). Get the ball rolling and look else where now. Why wait really? Talk to your dealer and ask him to get your deposit toward another of the bows available.

K66

Return to “Kitesurfing”