Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flying slingshot kites on non slingshot bars????

forum for kitesurfers

broadreachsails
Rare Poster

Flying slingshot kites on non slingshot bars????

Postby broadreachsails » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:31 pm

Was wondering if any one else is flying their ss kites on non slingshot bars. i am using gaastra bar right now and was wondering if i am losing out on my 2005 fuels performance by doing this.Kites seem to be flying good but have nothing to compare and nobody else in our area is fly ss at the moment... thanks tim

sir slingshot
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sir slingshot » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:32 pm

it will work but the bar is pretty sweet so if you have the money go ahead and buy it

broadreachsails
Rare Poster

Postby broadreachsails » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:30 pm

didn`t have the cash at the time i bought them but was wondering if the kites will perform better with the ss bar

machista87
Medium Poster

Postby machista87 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:14 pm

sir slingshot wrote:it will work but the bar is pretty sweet so if you have the money go ahead and buy it
does the SS Profire bar (05) has a normal leash for the kite beside the stupid leash that conected to the wrist?

kitengruvin
Rare Poster

Postby kitengruvin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:46 am

It's all a matter of personal preference. I have used the ss bar, it's sweet but the grip tears your hands up until your callus' build up. I prefer my naish bar to the ss, and there is no difference in preformance. If your thinking of 5th line then I would recomend the ss oneline, but if four line then your bar is perfectly fine. And the wrist leash is removable, just take it off and throw it away.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:11 am

SS has the strongest, cleanest bar out there, just stick with it!

Gary
Medium Poster

Postby Gary » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:41 am

I talked to a guy that have the last fuel and he liked it better on the naish 5 line bar he said it was easier to turn..

not on board
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby not on board » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:31 am

I have ditched the new bar in favour of an old X2 bar for 3 reasons.

First, the 15m 05 bar I have turns very slowely. When I use my old bar with the same line set up, it turns way faster(very noticilbe). I have been told that if you remove the metal guide in centre of the new bar the kite will turn faster(have not tried that yet).
2. The screw down throw adjustments for the main loop line are an accident waiting to happen. The space between the ball and the screw threads is perfect for a kite line to get caught in. It happened to me once and I could not get the line free and kite relaunced from the water and the kite went into a set of loops.
3. Bar grips gave me blisters every time. I thought I had built up some calusus' but when your skin is wet it does not seem to matter.

It is a shame because the feel of the bar is nice.

bokdoos
Rare Poster

Postby bokdoos » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:46 am

I fly all my '04 Fuels on a 55cm Best bar but with a SS chicken loop set up as I like the adjuster balls and the simplicity of the clam cleat depower system.

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster

Bar size

Postby doublerumandcoke » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:01 am

I reckon only the bar size and line length are important, for turning similairty and similar feel. The rest is personal preference and something you feel confortable with. For me the clam cleats are a pain and i don't like the release system although the bar quality is superb. I sell both Naish and Slings but will use the Naish bar on my Fuel 11.

Return to “Kitesurfing”