Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Underground Boards

forum for kitesurfers

Underground Boards

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:25 am

Any one have a comment on the 142 WT?

Had mixed comments from my local shop who stocks / imports them on its wind range as they differ from the underground site.

Is it OK for powered 16m (CO2 2003) to 9 m (co2) + I am 75KG

or is this WT 142 to be replace for the summer (northern hemishere) and they are trying to dump the boards and saying what ever

See ya

Tony :?:

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:26 am

At you weight at 147 might eb a better one board quiver - but 142 would be ok as well - just depends on your skill level and wind condition at your location. If you could afford two boards a 142 and 157 would rock.

I have ridden the 147 for the past two years and abolostely love it. I also own a LWD 169, and a Jarvis - but almost never ride them - always prefering the 147.

If you can get a good price on any WT (less than $550 USD) then I'd go for it.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:21 pm

I have this board (142) and is very easy and confortable with any size kite.
The "sweet spot" may be a 14 kite. (I weight 80kg)
Hernan

philippinho
Medium Poster

Go for it

Postby philippinho » Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:26 pm

I am riding the underground WT all the time and it is my favourit board of all the once I have ever tried. It is well made and not massproduction and just too easy to ride! Go for it!

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:16 pm

At 75 kg...the 147 might be a better option...but if well powered the 142 will do just as well.

The wavetray is an exccelent board...it has a flat rocker which makes it plane easier and thin rail for awsome edging. I have a 157 for teacing, 142 and 137 for myself....I am 70 kg.

Check out the wavetray at http://www.chicagokiteboarder.com

Gerard
http://www.chicagokiteboarder.com

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:28 pm

I weigh 75-80 kgs and use the 147 wt as my powered board, Underpowered I'll be on the 147 x 45, overpowered the 143 x 34.
At first I had a few problems adapting to the wt, it does start soon but likes to be powered but I found it lost an edge rather easily when I started getting overpowered.
Then I put 2 x 5 cm MFC fins on the heelside and she rocks, gets back in the groove straight away after jumps, waves or white water and holds a lot more power.
I always take this board with me, with the lightwind killer for what I think will be light - powered sessions so I can switch boards if the wind picks up and with the highwind board for what I think will be power-overpowerd sessions.
With the deeper fins she has a much wider range and you can concentrate much more on what you want to do instead of holding an edge.
A good one board quiver or powered board in a 3 board quiver if you weigh around 80 kgs.
The underground boards do tend to feel bigger than they actually are so if you're going to get a wt to use as a powerd-overpowered board in a 2 board quiver I'd go for the smaller one, the 142 or even 137, to go with a wider lightwind board.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:21 pm

88kg and use the WT 137 works very well on 16m and down. lowest wind used in about 15 mph and works like a charm

wt

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:31 am

I use the WT 137 as my low wind board and sold my other larger sized sticks, At 84kg , 18m Kite, I can have fun in 10 knots on the 137 WT. If the wind is less than 10 knots its really boring anyhow no matter what size kite and board you are on. Cruising on a big board in light wind is like driving your Dads camper van on a race track, FUUUUUCKKKK that!!!!!!!!

Now for my flat water , high wind board I have just ordered the SWT 110.

Go short and wide, length is meaningless in this sport!!!!!!!!

mike
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Underground Boards

Postby mike » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:42 am

Anonymous wrote:Any one have a comment on the 142 WT?

Had mixed comments from my local shop who stocks / imports them on its wind range as they differ from the underground site.

Is it OK for powered 16m (CO2 2003) to 9 m (co2) + I am 75KG

or is this WT 142 to be replace for the summer (northern hemishere) and they are trying to dump the boards and saying what ever

See ya

Tony :?:

The WT142 should be the ideal size for any 75kg rider to have as an all round board.

I'm 68kg and use a WT137 in 10 till 30 knots. Kites 8, 12, 16m

I think the 147 would feel too much in anything above 16knots.

Mike
Underground Cyprus
++

Return to “Kitesurfing”