Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Barbados in April ?

forum for kitesurfers

daddyO

Barbados in April ?

Postby daddyO » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:14 am

Hi :)

I'm looking to go to the for one month or 6 weeks to the Caribbean in April with girlfriend+baby.

Have been to Cabarete several times but now I want sure/steady wind and a luxury hotel on a kiteable beach ;)

Does anyone have any experience with this combination for Barbados (or a similar island) in April ? I've checked out the three spots on kitebeaches.com but I'm unsure of how the places are with regards to accomodation and accessability (I'm a rather experienced kiter that enjoys strong wind and flat water).

Thanks !!

kytsurf/florida
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

barbados-april

Postby kytsurf/florida » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:32 pm

spent a week in april 03 - took 8/10/12/14/15/16 m kites and used all of them! Highly variable winds; silver rock and silver sands have strong current, rocky shore between beaches. NO FLAT WATER! great for wave riding over the reef, or inside sections. Definitely not the place for inexperienced kiters. rented cottage (2 couples) right on silver sands; 20-30 min. drive to most restaurants. not much else to do around that area if your girlfriend is not a kiter. might be better to stay at west coast resort area and drive to silver rock to kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”