I was told by a very reliable source that the right way to make a kiteboad is as follows I just want to get some peoples ideas on this. This is the basic idea
1.Find a design you like and copy it on to a sheet of herex or airex pvc foam
2.tapper the ends of the foam
3. plot out a center line and use a plainer to set the concave
4. shape the rails down to about a quarter inch
5. insert t nuts and fill with resin
6. after the overall out line is done and you are happy with the shape start glassing
7. Mix resin in a 5-1 mix start with the bottom of the board first use 4 layers of glass.
8. glass deck of board and set in rocker table and let dry
9. after board is dry sand down glass and the do a skim coat of bondo
10. sand down the bondo till smoth
11. now paint the board
I know I left out some stuff but this is what i was told the genral process was, what do you guys think?
Also I hear alot of talk about ABS rails is this realy nessisary or can you glass the rails