I was told by a very reliable source that the right way to make a kiteboad is as follows I just want to get some peoples ideas on this. This is the basic idea
1.Find a design you like and copy it on to a sheet of herex or airex pvc foam
2.tapper the ends of the foam
3. plot out a center line and use a plainer to set the concave
4. shape the rails down to about a quarter inch
5. insert t nuts and fill with resin
6. after the overall out line is done and you are happy with the shape start glassing
7. Mix resin in a 5-1 mix start with the bottom of the board first use 4 layers of glass.
8. glass deck of board and set in rocker table and let dry
9. after board is dry sand down glass and the do a skim coat of bondo
10. sand down the bondo till smoth
11. now paint the board
I know I left out some stuff but this is what i was told the genral process was, what do you guys think?
Also I hear alot of talk about ABS rails is this realy nessisary or can you glass the rails
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum